Robert Becenti

Hello there!

Could anyone confirm if these sterling and mother of pearl watch tips are Robert Becenti please? RB and a worn off STER where all that is left is the LING. If you were selling this piece, what would you ask for it? Thank you in advance for looking.

This does look like the correct hallmark for Robert Becenti. I think of these as granny watches these days as there are just not many folks wearing them. I do see them available very regularly and suspect there is just not much demand anymore. As for a value I would say between 50 and 65 dollars, mostly due to the fact that it is not Turquoise. You can find these aplenty on the internet. That would be a good place for you to look and see what they are going for. Of course I will defer to any of the Pros. I hope that helps.

1 Like

I would have guessed Rose Quartz or Pink Opal for those stones.
I agree with Christibo, $60 on eBay & I will defer to the pros, as well.

1 Like

I agree. The most confusion I’ve seen on the hallmark “RB” on the Internet is when the initials are included within the outline of a bear, which is the Running Bear shop, rather than Robert Becenti. Big difference between the two. Yours appears to be Robert Becenti, not Running Bear.

The most interesting thing I’ve seen with these watch tips, as they’re called, is when someone disassembles them and repurposes them into a pair of dangling earrings.

4 Likes

And now I get to put my two cents in :wink: There are 4 of the Begay family that have that signature as well.
Robert, Roberta, Richard and just about 10 minutes ago I saw a Ruthie…all Begays’ and all have Sterling underneath it. Just thought I’d chime in!

2 Likes

You would think that the family would have their own individual maker’s marks considering they all have the same initials? I am trying to capture the stone for verification. Rose quartz or pink opal? Thanks again.

I thought it was pink mother of pearl with a very good shine & iridescence.

2 Likes

Herd to tell from pics, either mother of pearl or pink cat’s eye. Rose quartz is generally not translucent and will not be so “shiny” and iridescent.

2 Likes

Or could be moonstone

2 Likes

I see the same hallmark attributed to Richard Begay and to Robert Becenti. Here is a different hallmark for Robert Becenti Jr from • https://tucsonindianjewelry.com/product/becenti-sterling-silver-story-teller-belt-buckle/

1 Like

People are seeking watch tips to create statement necklaces and yes this is MOP.

2 Likes

That stone is Mussel Shell, you can look up artists in the Hallmarks of the Southwest book. I have one. I will look in a few days when I have time. I am from Gallup and am familiar with many artists.

3 Likes