Robert Johnson naja

Just received this lovely Robert Johnson, Navajo, Natural Montezuma Royston naja. I have paired it with sterling silver beads by Artie Yellowhorse, Navajo.

15 Likes

So beautiful!! And those beads are amazing. And that cuff! I want one :grin:

2 Likes

Thank you @Ziacat. It’s Martha Cayatineto. The cuff was a steal at less than $125. I was thrilled with it when it arrived.

3 Likes

OMGosh! That is a steal! Is it tufa? And that stone in the pendant is beautiful.

1 Like

I just it just registered with me that you said Robert Johnson. I love his work! He’s usually at the Eiteljorg Indian Market in Indianapolis, and I almost bought earrings from him one year. One of the members on here had a pair that she sold to me last year. I’m going to see if he’s there this summer and look at it some of his other pieces.

1 Like

I’m not sure as I don’t know the difference between sandcast and tufa.

As for the pendant, it is why I bought the naja. He had several for sale. This was my favorite.

3 Likes

@here4turquoise That’s a beautiful naja, and necklace you’ve created. I especially like the highly textured naja combined with smooth beads & bail. It makes for an eye-catching contrast. The turquoise is beautiful, too.

2 Likes

Thank you @Patina The pendant looks much better in person.

1 Like

Beautiful set. I love the fuzzy effect in the naja, quite unusual! Bracelet is gorgeous and an amazing deal. Congrats!

3 Likes

Thank you @chicfarmer I liked it because it was different.

3 Likes

Amazing !!! And the cuff :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thank you @Val1969. :smiling_face:

Here they are in natural light on a cloudy day. It best represents the stone color.

6 Likes

Do you know where the stone in the cuff came from? I love how it fades in color from blue to greenish. Looks like Lake Michigan!

@here4turquoise Wowee, these pieces are gorgeous! Beautiful turquoise cabs.

1 Like

Unfortunately, I don’t know. I did buy it because of the stone. It looks like Arcadia on Lake Michigan. :blue_heart: You have a great eye!

2 Likes

So beautiful! We’ve driven through Arcadia many times on our way to and from Sleeping Bear Dunes; last time stopped at the very place of your picture.

And this picture is Lake Superior, but to me it really looks like the stone in your cuff!

I love the stone in your naja also :grin:

3 Likes

@Ziacat we love Michigan too. Your photo brings back great memories. If only there were Trading Posts with N.A. jewelry, we’d have it all there.

2 Likes

kept trying to think why that name sounded familiar…crossroads,duh

1 Like

Beautiful naja, beads, and cuff! The turquoise in the cuff strikes me as Royston.

3 Likes