Rodney Coriz cuff bracelet

I thought I would show this cuff bracelet I wore yesterday. I’ve had it for over 10 years.
It was made by my friend Rodney Coriz, from Kewa Pueblo(formerly Santo Domingo)
I just want to say that Rodney is a wonderful person and talented jeweler. I’ve known him for 20 years.

The bracelet features Morenci turquoise, mother of pearl, and spiny oyster in three colors.
It’s really heavy at 92 grams.

16 Likes

I love this, it’s beautiful and the pattern of stones is a perfect contrast. They all really stand out :grinning:

2 Likes

I love how the stones are convex. They really stand out!

3 Likes

Wow, so elegant and skillfully made. This almost carinated treatment of the inlay stones is fascinating, and the modernist swoop of the silver adds drama. It looks great on! Congrats!

3 Likes

@chicfarmer
I have been telling him for years that his jewelry has a Scandinavian vibe. It’s really fresh and modern.

If I had to describe his style, I’d call it Contemporary Native American.

I’m afraid that over the years, I’ve put a few scratches on it.

4 Likes

It’s beautiful. Too bad he’s not going to be at the Eiteljorg Indian Art Market!

2 Likes

I don’t know if he’s ever done that show!
I guess you have a listing of participants?
But his work is all over the internet, if anyone wants a similar bracelet!

2 Likes

No he’s not on their list. But I don’t like to buy Native jewelry online, so I will have to look his work up in stores when I’m out west sometime!

4 Likes

I LOVE IT!!

Saw this pendant online…wish I could afford it!

3 Likes

@Xtina
Yeah, that’s a Rodney piece!
That was his signature style for a long time. He’s from the Sun Clan.
He is visiting us on Friday. My husband is his photographer, and he is choosing some photos for his application to Santa Fe Indian Market 2024.

5 Likes

@Ziacat —has the Eiteljorg posted their artist list for 2024 yet? I recently looked online and wasn’t even able to find dates for the show.

I looked the other day and hadn’t found anything; all I found was this…

But I also just found this…so…

And I just read they were taking applications for artists through 1/15/24. So that’s probably why they don’t have the list of artists out yet.

It’s generally held the last full weekend of June, which makes these dates different than usual.

1 Like

@Ziacat
We expect you to attend and bring back some treasures!

3 Likes

I’ll try! Although that means I need to exercise self control when we go to AZ (I hope there’s no crisis to make me cancel again :weary:).

1 Like

@Ziacat
I am confident that you will not disappoint us.
Your taste is impeccable!

3 Likes

Aww, thanks, you are too kind. It really helps having so many of you wonderful turquoise people on here to learn from!

1 Like