Rodney Coriz pendant and cuff

This is my pendant and cuff by the fantastic Rodney Coriz from Kewa/Santo Domingo Pueblo. He is a personal friend of mine.
I strung the pendant on my own turquoise heishi necklaces.

12 Likes

Those are great, love the colors. Thanks for sharing.

1 Like

Yeah, his work is amazing. He and his mother Nestoria Coriz have been selected for the Santa Fe Indian Market the last several years.

2 Likes

I love the cuff. such a unique design.
Thanks for sharing.

3 Likes

It is beautiful, especially love the cuff. I am generally drawn to Navajo and Hopi pieces, but am finding I have quite a few Santo Domingo/ Kewa pieces.

1 Like

He is a master at what he does.
He’s also a really great guy!

1 Like

Here are a few more examples of his work.

7 Likes

Those are amazing, although not really my style. I love your cuff best. I’m a little old school in my taste.

1 Like

Thanks! I really treasure that cuff.
His work is very contemporary and modern. When we see his new pieces, I’m always blown away with his innovative ideas…
And yet he comes from a very traditional family. They are all jewelers.

1 Like

It must give you joy to know him and support his work. I’ll have to keep an eye open for it when I am out in NM next time!

I don’t generally follow particular artists, mostly because I love to look for older pawn pieces when I am out west, and buy what draws me to it. But the western art museum in Indianapolis has a native art market every summer, and I met a Kewa/Santo Domingo lady there whose work I love. I try to get something from her then (except darn covid has kept the live market from happening last couple years :worried:). Her name is Mary Tafoya.

1 Like

He probably knows her. It is a small community and they all compete. Jewelers won’t show their designs to other jewelers for fear that someone might steal their ideas!
He was even reluctant to get a website.

2 Likes

That’s really interesting. Can’t say I blame him!

Beautiful pieces! love seeing quality crafsmanship

1 Like