Rose Abeyta pendant and beads

@Jason can you please help me see the differences in these two pieces? What specifically to look for in the matrix etc. they look very similar to me. I need to learn this. Thanks :blush:

They look nice together. Can you upload a large image for me?

1 Like

Yes I’ll put them up in a larger size. Uploading: 80C80506-68A9-42A9-8E15-06AE31DB4370.jpeg…

I hope this will help. They look very similar to me. Both even have the black streaks. Also are the beads on the necklace handmade? They are very nice and smooth. Thanks :blush:

1 Like

Those closeups change the story. I am putting an image up of Golden Canyon. I think you might have all the same thing here, Chinese. A lot of that Golden Canyon was cut by Doug (?) Zachary and those stones in the bracelet don’t have his look.

2 Likes

Thanks. Now I can see a difference. Your piece has a very fine consistent look vs mine which have a more coarse pattern with larger areas of light and dark.
Now for the big question? What type of value does the Chinese have vs the Gold canyon?

1 Like

Very similar value, however high grade Chinese would get more money.

2 Likes

Thank you. I like this dark spiderwebbed Chinese turquoise. Would you consider this a fairly high grade?

1 Like

Usually when we think of high grade we think of deeper color and a more consistent webbing (clarity). Your stone is nice but wouldn’t call it high grade. Found this one on the forum that gives you an idea of higher grade Chinese.

6 Likes

Thank you. That is beautiful and certainly a different look. I appreciate you taking the time to explain and answer all of my questions.

2 Likes

Hi there, can you tell me anything about this ring? Thank you! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I think that’s a really nice ring. Wish it were in my collection. :blush: