Roy Talahaftewa Pendant & Chain

After seeng the $900 bracelet I started digging though things and forgot I had this. I see he quite often uses gem grade Candelaria turquoise. This looks like it when I compare it to Pueblo Direct.

10 Likes

That is gorgeous!! Yes, I prefer your pendant :grin: It isn’t as common for Hopi work to have stones (I have a cuff that does), so that makes it even more unique. Did the chain come with it?

I have a cuff with a piece of natural Candelaria turquoise, looks a bit like that.

BTW, don’t forget it anymore, you need to wear that baby!

3 Likes

The original owner purchased it directly from him when traveling out west. He also made the chain that came with it.

3 Likes

I wondered, cause I wear my Hopi bird pendant on a similar chain, but I bought the chain way earlier in Taos, and believe it’s Navajo. It is also handmade like yours. I really like the Hopi pendants on silver chain link necklaces.

2 Likes

Very lovely pendant! Do you know what the top of the pendant symbolizes?

Candelaria Turquoise I wish I could read the entire article but I don’t know how to remove the ads in front of it.

Unfortunately @nanc9354 I have no idea what the symbols relate to. Hopefully someone that knows Hopi symbols can help.