Showing a few new additions to my meager collection

Art Tafoya earrings:

Unsigned thunderbird necklace:

Not sure about this. I’m guessing someone switched out the hook closure or it’s the work of a beader. Might the overlay beads be Hopi?:

7 Likes

@585925 Nice additions to your collection! I really like the earrings. The stampwork is wonderful. The bottom necklace appears artisan made, imo. Hopefully, others with knowledge of Hopi jewelry can provide more insight.

1 Like

Thank you, Patina! The earrings are my favorite, too. I agree that the beaded necklace is probably artisan, but I like the Hopi-looking beads on it :grinning:.

1 Like

I don’t think they are Hopi, because I don’t see any etch marks (it looks like some kind of stippling or something) in the black, looks more like Navajo overlay. The beads remind me a bit of those on Tommy Singer necklaces.

All 3 are wonderful; cool thunderbird!

1 Like

Thanks, @Ziacat! You’re right. There’s no stippling in the recessed areas of the beads. I’ll look at Tommy Singer examples.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily think it’s a Singer necklace, but the square beads are similar (however I’m saying that simply from memory, haven’t looked them up recently).

No, I didn’t take it as being a Singer necklace. I just appreciate a research direction :grinning:.

1 Like