Sideways cornrow and what is this turquoise?

Hi all. I just got this one. Not marked. It is narrow with the beveled pieces inlaid on the short ends. I like the turquoises! This is the artsiest one I have, so I am keeping it, but I am afraid to wear it because I know I’ll probably whack it on something and crack it in the first 15 min. My camera makes it look yellower than it is.The matrix is dark brownish purple. Is it Kingman ?

6 Likes

A long lost Loloma? :wink:

1 Like

What an interesting piece! Love it! Will you post a wrist shot?

1 Like

Thanks! I wish it had a hallmark. Sort of like wearing turquoise potato chips, lol! I was also wondering how to clean it since it looks like it had food or something on it. And one of corals is white on backside, maybe damage or just naturally like that?

3 Likes

It is a good looking stone, probably Kingman. I couldn’t find an exact match to compare it to. What is throwing me off is that quartz. I looked at examples of Bisbee and Indian Mountain to see if I could find anything with quartz, I couldn’t. I guess what I am getting at is I am not 100% sold on Kingman. He is an example of Kingman with that thicker web.

4 Likes

To my eye it is kingman. Specifically Turquoise mountain.

Can we get a pic in natural light?

2 Likes

Light not too good in rain

1 Like

Thank you. Okay, still at a loss, but I would also consider Chinese as part of the pool.

What is interesting is most of the time an artist will stay with the same vein (pun intended) with turquoise and their jewelry. This appears to be two different mines.

Interesting piece!

2 Likes