Silver and Onyx

We all have our fave silver and turquoise, but what about your silver and onyx? As I wear a lot of black (easy so I don’t have to think too hard when I’m dressing for work :smirk:) I will change it up with onyx - still looking for a nice cuff and ring…

9 Likes

I’m the same way!!! I’ll try to remember to post some of my onyx favorites after work! :black_heart:

1 Like

I’ll share since no else has yet. Love your beautiful pieces, and they look great on the blanket; it looks like a Pendleton.

I have very little with just onyx - only this ring, these little Zuni earrings, and maybe one other tiny pair of earrings. I have a lot of things with some onyx (or jet, I’m not sure which) inlay.

The onyx ring is by Mary Marie Lincoln, Navajo. I had a ring of hers just like this one, in coral, and lost it (nooooo). Then not long after, I was visiting my nephew when he worked at the Department of the Interior, and I found this black one in their gift shop. I like it even more than I did the coral.

I know the other ring isn’t completely onyx (although I’m not sure how to tell if this one is onyx or jet), but it has such a large piece that I decided would post it. I bought it at Blair’s Dinnebito Trading Post in Page, AZ years ago. It was in the pawn section. It’s not as well made as some of the rings I have, but I love it, because it’s clearly had a past of being well worn and loved. Still had the thread around the band to make it fit better.

Just for a chuckle, my kitty clearly likes Navajo rugs. I had just set the rug there to take a better picture of the rings. I picked them up, turned away, turned back around, and she had taken charge of it. Smart kitty.

9 Likes

I’ll share since no else has yet. Love your beautiful pieces, and they look great on the blanket; it looks like a Pendleton.

Thanks - it’s a jacket that I love (thought they’d look nicer displayed on it). Your things are lovely, and I like the cluster rings :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

2 Likes