Small tiger-eye ring...Native American?

Another estate sale find, came in a lot with other silver rings. Most were imports but this one confused me. The band is thin and the join is raised and slightly off. It is marked 925 but has a hallmark and some letters after the 925 that are hard to make out…any ideas as to origin or hallmark would be greatly appreciated.

2 Likes

It’s lovely (love the tiger eye), but doesn’t look native to me. I don’t have anything to base that on factually, just a feeling. Doesn’t mean I’m right; I don’t look at as much modern stuff. Can’t tell what the mark is.

The mark looks kind of like a face…couldn’t find anything similar online. The hallmark looks NA, but it’s marked 925…the stone is set with a full back like NA…but workmanship on band is not as finished as NA. Love the stone and the ring is fun, so I will enjoy wearing it. Thanks for your help, really appreciate it.

Could that be a Taxco Eagle Mark with a #2 in it?

925 MEX?

2 Likes

@TaraFawn75 What I’m thinking as well. This sort of piece could definitely be Mexican. (Whatever it is, it’s not NA.)

2 Likes

Hi, it’s Mexican make with an identifier: Eagle Assay No. 2 indicating a craft date subsequent to 1978. Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Nice. Modernist and not NA.

1 Like

Thank you all so much! Don’t know why I didn’t think of Mexican silver. I just couldn’t make out the letters after the 925…(slap on the forehead!!! Duh!) LOL. Thank you!

1 Like

Totally missed the eagle 2!

So did I…really happy to know I wasn’t alone! LOL

1 Like