Smoky Bisbee?

So, here’s a twist in the world of Bisbee turquoise. I bought these two handmade rings years ago from an online seller. The guy states that he’s a lapidary & silversmith. He identified the cabs as Smoky Bisbee. The larger turquoise stone, on the left, is stunning! The smaller turquoise not so much. Do y’all think these cabs are really Smoky Bisbee turquoise? Any thoughts/comments are appreciated. Thx.

1 Like

Based on what I have seen, they sure look like Bisbee.
Oh, I love the towers they are on. Amethyst or fluorite?

1 Like

@fernwood Thanks! They’re amethyst towers.

1 Like

Very pretty! Love the stones. They may be Bisbee (I have trouble with webbed stones sometimes), but I wouldn’t call them “smoky.”

1 Like

Are the brownish areas slightly translucent? I have seen some call Bisbee with this smoky. As in smoky quartz matrix.

1 Like

@Ziacat Thanks. The smaller stone does have a “smoky-ish” look to me but, the larger stone really doesn’t, imo.

1 Like

Sorry for the bad quality pic, I took it off another post and I’m not near my stuff at the moment, but this stone in my mom’s older buckle appraised as Smoky Bisbee.

2 Likes

@fernwood The matrix in the larger stone is definitely reddish brown in color. Honestly, I’ve always wondered if it could be Egyptian Turquoise (which would be fine with me). Sorry, not sure how to answer your question if the brownish areas are slightly translucent.

1 Like

Welcome to the group. I don’t think anyone here would say absolutely these are smokey Bisbee, but they certainly could be😊. Anyway, for comparison, these are some smokey Bisbee cabs from a knowledgable source, Waddell Gallery:

2 Likes