Some Jewelry my Nevada Uncle Gave Me. Any Info would be helpful!

Hello Everyone

I inherited these pieces from my uncle who lived in Fallon, Nevada. I know he was involved in turquoise mining and jewelry making. I think he may have made these pieces. Any identification or valuation or just your random thoughts would be greatly appreciated! Thanks.

2 Likes

Hello Charx, are there any markings stamped on the backs of the ring, cuff or pendant? If so, photos will help us keyboard detectives :sunglasses:.

There are no maker’s marks on any of them. Is the turquoise recognizable?

These are all very nice, I doubt he made all of these. I feel like the ring and pendant could possibly be non-native, but very nicely done. The turquoise beads look like a great match between the heishe and nuggets, most likely Santo Domingo. That last turquoise bracelet I would call Navajo, you will notice the classic twisted wire which the ring and pendant do not have. All of these are great, congratulations.

Thank you! I really like it all… but neither my wife or me wear jewelry so I will probably put it on the market. Anyone have an idea where to start? eBay? etsy? Is there a more specific turquoise classified? Also, any ideas as to what I might ask for them?
Thanks so much!

Maybe someone on the forum would be interested. You are probably going to have to come up with a price that would make you happy.

Thanks, Jason. I will do a little research and come back to the forum!