Some M. M. Rogers 14k gold and sterling storyteller bracelet

Over the past few years, I’ve collected a few MMrogers storyteller bracelets on ebay. They have different signatures on the back, and there is even a stamp that is handwritten rather than stamped.

My favorite type of bracelet is the thick, heavy cufflink storyteller bracelet, but unfortunately, I rarely see this style these days, and another pity is that my wrists are thick, and these heavy bracelets generally lack large sizes, so I don’t even have a bracelet that I can wear myself, so I can only enjoy it in a collection box.

15 Likes

Calling @mmrogers
:smile::smiley::blush:

5 Likes

Thanks Stracci :slightly_smiling_face:

Hi @Jianxi_cn. First let me say I love your collection and I’m honored that you are collecting my work. I’m very pleased to meet you!

I believe I designed these bracelets back in 1990, although I may not have published them until 1991. I recognize the stamps of silversmiths Julius Yazzie, Harry Mike Yazzie, Keevin Hesuse, and Jimmy Secatero, all of whom worked in my studio in the 90s and 2000s.

The electric engraver signature is a bit of an outlier, since we never used it to sign jewelry in the workshop. With that possible exception, all of the other pieces appear to bear my authentic proprietary studio hallmarks.

I’m still designing and working at the bench. If you’re interested in having one of these bracelets made in your size, please feel free to contact me directly at mmrogers@mmrogers.com.

Best wishes for a happy and peaceful New Year!

Michael Rogers

10 Likes

Merry Christmas!I am very glad to get your reply.I have never understood why the storyteller bracelet with this pattern has different signatures on the back. Is it that the storyteller is a design of MMROGERS and different types of bracelets are made by different silversmiths?According to your introduction, I think the bracelet I like most is made by Harry Mike Yazzie.I like this thick storyteller bracelet very much. This kind of bracelet is low-key but cannot be ignored when worn on the hand, which is suitable for wearing in different scenes.

7 Likes

Wow, that’s a heavy bracelet!
And very beautiful, too.
@mmrogers Mike’s pieces are high quality! Great work!

3 Likes

Good Morning and Merry Christmas, Jiangxi. As a designer, I created all of the designs, specifications, and layouts for my studio’s jewelry. The silversmiths in my employ at one time or another made each of the design variants in your collection. If for example Harry Mike Yazzie was working on buckles or earrings when we needed to make a number of the heavy bracelet you are holding in your hand, Keevin Hesuse, or Jimmy Secatero might get the order. Next time around, it might be another silversmith entirely who made the bracelets. All of the items were hand made by really fine expert silversmiths working with my proprietary copyrighted designs and layouts, using traditional techniques, processes and handmade custom tools standardized to create absolute consistency, so that regardless to whom a project was assigned, the finished pieces were always consistent, and of the same outstanding quality.

8 Likes

I’m so impressed with the thickness of the M.M. Rogers and the Yazzi cuffs! My favorite cuffs, regardless of style, are the thick heavy gauge silver ones! Don’t think I’ve seen storyteller cuffs this thick; I’ll have to keep my eyes open for one of these to add to my collection😊.

3 Likes

I see. thank you very much, your answer helped me solve a problem that has been bothering me for a long time. :laughing:

2 Likes

I love these heavy navajo bracelet that weighs over 100 grams. MMROGERS 'bracelet is uniform in thickness, unlike some other large bracelets that usually have a widening and flattening deformation at each end. Good luck finding the bracelet you want soon.

3 Likes

What an amazing beautiful collection you have! I only have one and it is not as thick as the one I like best of your collection! Guess I’ll have to add another. :blush:

2 Likes

Beautiful and it’s nice to see the artist response :blush:

2 Likes