Some Sunfaces

I’m finally getting some free time to play! :sun_with_face: Here’s a group shot of some Sunfaces

18 Likes

Fantastic, @AC! Sunfaces, with their cheery disposition, have a way of turning a cloudy day into a sunny day. Awesome photo.

3 Likes

Thanks @TAH, I’m glad I started with them then, because the sun is out this morning for the first time in many days! I’m working on the Knifewing/Rainbow man group shot but their dispositions are not quite as sunny as the Sunfaces. Lol. Hope everyone’s having a good Sunday.

4 Likes

Wowza! What fun! A wonderful collection. How about posting it again with the artist identification?

1 Like

Here you go! At least the ones I know anyway.

1 Larry and Lorinda Dickson
2 Anna Lee Tekala
3 Unknown,
4 Larry and Lorinda Dickson
5 Unknown,
6 Morris and Sadie Laahte
7 April Unkestine
8 Walter and Betty Lalio
9 C. Dickson
10 Unknown
11 Unknown
12 Unknown

9 Likes

That was quick! Thanks!
I’m not familiar with Larry and Lorinda Dickson, but love your pieces. I’ll look them up in Toshio Sei’s books. I like your idea about a post involving Rainbowman/Knifewing pieces!

2 Likes

I don’t think you’ll find them in Toshio’s books. They are in Volume 1 of “Zuni the Art and the People” as well as Hougart’s and Barton Wright’s books.

2 Likes

Thanks, yes I really enjoy the 3 vol set, “Zuni the Art and the People”. I’m surprised they are not in Toshio’s books, the pieces you have are beautifully done.

2 Likes

Gimme that ring. Stat.

:star_struck:

2 Likes

That’s always been my avatar. That’d be like giving away my soul. :ghost: :ghost: :ghost: :rofl:

4 Likes

Your grouping of Sunfaces is jaw dropping. Thank you for sharing them.

3 Likes

If @chicfarmer or anyone else is craving @AC’s ring, there is a very similar one for sale at Garlands right now

6 Likes

It’s a beauty all right. Look how meticulous the inlay is. :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

I’ve been perusing the vintage section of Garland’s. That ring is still there…:grin:

2 Likes