Spent the day photographing hallmarks. Help?

Made a fun discovery today that my crappy phone camera gives me a better look at hallmarks than my loupe. I appreciate the community’s help in deciphering these!! I debated 1 post w/ lots of pics, or multiple posts…

![20190721_154530|666x500]

(upload://igoqcMa8q3fiSxZZgXKX6zhp12F.jpeg) small sheet silver lizard earrings, marked HL with an engraving tool. Possibly mexican?

small squares.

small inlay cactus wren pin/pendant

stamped concho earrings

Herbert Begay, but there’s also what looks like (backwards R)B below that.

Hopi overlay watch bracelet, Talasrentewa? Beneath a stag pictograph.

stamped carbonated cuff, Tahe or Taho

30" stamped, graduated pearls, TF or upside down/backward FL or LF

6 Likes

The small square stud earrings and the Navajo pearl necklace are by Federico Jimenez. His pieces retail for a high price, and he still makes jewelry http://www.federicosjewelry.com/

The silver cuff marked Tahe is a modern piece as well.

1 Like

Thank you, thank you!! I bought all of these new between 1995-2000, before I paid attention to hallmarks, and was just buying what I liked. The two jimenez pieces, I would never have identified with such different marks!!

3 Likes

Also, the inlay bird is by Zuni artists Derick and Nichelle Edaakie. They seem to be known for their birds jewelry.

1 Like

I really appreciate the help on that one!! I would never have gotten the surname correct.

2 Likes

Glad I could help! You have great taste lol.

2 Likes

Thanks!! Im fortunate my husband indulges my addiction. :blush:

3 Likes

The Hopi overlay watch band appears to have the mark of Arthur (Talasventewa) Lomayestewa, per Hougart’s 3d edition. Info says "active since 1980’s…may also have a Hopi Guild mark. He also used the initials AL.

You have some lovely pieces!

3 Likes

i saw a virtually identical set of pearls on facebook today, with a similar shaped tag, clearly stamped F. Laner. anyone heard of that artist? wondering if mine could be an old hallmark of the same artist, pearls are identical.

1 Like

Still off work so looking through some old posts. That Hopi cuff, oh my, gorgeous!

3 Likes