Squash

6 Likes

Very beautiful and welcome to the group! This is a lovely squash blossom necklace. Its probably 70’s , with handmade bench beads and strung on foxtail sterling handmade chain, turquoise blossoms and an equally beautiful Naja! This a wonderful museum quality piece…Do you know any of the story of how it made its way to you? This story often gives us clues to it maker or at least to the area its from and a time frame to begin with. …it doesnt appear to be marked but I noticed that by the bail of the Naja there might be a mark thats being covered by the beads…can you take an additional clear close picture of that area? It might have more info for us to figure it out…
Thanks for sharing!
~Koliopee

2 Likes

squashed

2squashed

3 Likes

I certainly will get some more pictures … what exactly do you want to see in the picture?? It was in a inherited estate from my grandmother and I have no history since she passed. Whatever info or direction you can give is appreciated.

If you could just move the beads out of the way and concentrate on the back of the Naja with some clear regular picks and some close ups of the bail area…thanks! We would also love to hear a story about your grandmother that had such good taste is jewelry amd was she NA also? If so what tribe? When was the soonest you could remember seeing it? That kind of stuff. We love learning about all that when evaluating. Thankyou for sharing all this lovely information with us and you never know this might help you learn something about her that you never really realized before :wink:

WOW Steve! Good job of figuring that one out. I couldn’t get my iPad to get that good of a closeup.

2 Likes

I can’t say for certain that it’s a match so lets see if the next round of pictures reveal anything new.

1 Like

I’ll take another picture when we get home tomorrow. I couldn’t tell exactly where you were looking until I studied the pictures more. Thank you for all your input and help.

1 Like

Love those stones! That has some really nice turquoise.

I didn’t see that being a stamp sadly !!! I wish I could give more history on this but I don’t have any sadly… I was hoping someone might have seen this work before… Without a stamp I really have little to good and research for now.:sob:

Its still there…the pics are very out of focus which is fixable! Place the necklace with the naja pointing down in a well lit area fold the beads to the right as much as possible and take a few normal well focused shot at the whole naja and some normal closer shots of the top and left sides together…now look at each shot and post the ones that when you zoom in on them they stay clear and dont fall out of focus until you cant zoom i. Any further. The L i think has some part of it worn away…but it is there and these will be the last ones i promise! LoL Jewelry photgraphy is hard to perfect! Haha but youll learn alot about your camera in the process.
~Koliopee

1 Like

I’m going to try when I get home tonight !!:raised_hands:t3: