Storing you turquoise jewelry

I like the Stackers cases from The Container Store:

I have an assortment of the classic and supersize trays. You can pair the “deep 3-section” tray with their watch rolls and it’s perfect for storing cuffs. I keep them all in a large fireproof safe. I had to get a contractor friend to help me haul the safe up to my bedroom, it was so heavy, lol.

I’ll also give a plug for the Double D Ranch travel collection, which is great for (you guessed it) travel. I have the Santa Fe Case and just got the San Antonio Squash Keeper for Christmas. They are a little pricey but really nice and great for travelling with my jewelry, which is always a bit of a challenge. I’m so excited to finally have a safe way to carry my squashes and heishe bead necklaces on the plane without having to wear them all (such an ordeal at security).

As far as keeping a water glass near your jewelry, I would imagine it wouldn’t hurt the turquoise but might speed up the tarnishing of silver a little. I sometimes save those little desiccator packs that come with clothing and toss them in with my jewelry, which I suppose is the opposite of storing it with a glass of water.

7 Likes

I love these! Thanks for posting. I have a soft jewelry case that someone gave me, but it’s falling apart. Other than that I save a lot of bubble wrap and old makeup bags to carry stuff. These are way more elegant!

Glad to hear I’m not the only one who wants to wear my stuff everywhere! And I’m also always having to take off cuffs to get through security…had to do that a concert a couple weeks ago :laughing:

4 Likes

Thanks so much. They are cool. I am looking at purchasing my first squash and I’d use that keeper at home. Both are so nice, I want one of each :grin:

1 Like

I love the DDRanch cases, but they need a bigger size for a week of rodeo :smirk:

3 Likes

I don’t know; they have some pretty big ones

1 Like

Yikes! It’s beautiful, but I think I’ll use my bubble wrap…although the smaller would hold enough for me since I don’t have a squash.

Holy Moly that’s some serious simoleons :flushed: for that case - but, I have a lovely old Hartmann leather train case that would easily convert to a similar style if I got really creative with the interiors… :thinking:

2 Likes

Can’t believe I’ve never seen this. Love this large (jumbo) travel case…makes it so easy to see everything at a glance! Thanks for all the info!

1 Like

Wolf makes a very similar large travel case in their heritage line for about half what double d sells for.

i own this one, which is perfect for a long weekend’s worth of travel.

2 Likes

@Jemez2 Thanks! Nice smaller case, as you said perfect for a short trip! The one thing I really like about the Double D is the cuff bars, but I’m sure smaller pillows would fit in the bottom compartments for cuffs!

1 Like