Suspicious looking turquoise bracelet

I purchased this bracelet online a few months ago. It photographed better than it looks in real life unfortunately. The seller is a boutique that caters to a sort of cutesy western audience; they claim their pieces are native made and real turquoise. Anyway, I think the stone looks suspicious, as the color is too uniform and the matrix doesn’t look right. I think it is could be block. Also, the silverwork doesn’t look right either. It won’t take a polish and the marks on the back don’t look right. They just seem off if that makes sense. What does everyone else think?

2 Likes

IMO the stone looks like naturally formed Turquoise stone and silver could well be handmade NA. Very pretty : )

1 Like

Perhaps the silver has been coated in something to prevent tarnish. The only thing I see that looks off is it looks like the cab has been glued into the bezel rather the bezel pushed over the cab.

It looks like a real piece of turquoise, just stabilization will give it that look. Also, it appears to be a steel wool finish to give it that old look, that isn’t going to polish up shiny.

1 Like