SW? Navajo pearl maker…

Good evening everyone, happy Friday! Does anyone know the silversmith that goes by SW that makes Navajo pearls? I have one necklace by this artist and I’m thinking about purchasing another. I’m wondering who this is.

3 Likes

Nice pearls.
I cropped and sharpened your photo so the hallmark is easier to see.
595c1b373030eb6848b4a81066a805665fcd885b_2_308x500

2 Likes

Thank you!! That was helpful.

We get necklaces with stones on them from Selena Warner, not sure if she ever just made strands of beads.

1 Like

Jason, my Selena Warner pieces are stamped with block letters SW, not signed with an e-pen.

1 Like

Yes, you are right she uses a stamp SW. However, you do see an etching when an artist has forgotten the hallmark stamp or the dealer request they etch the piece. Beads are somewhat a specialized craft and she makes silver beads. It is an avenue to explore.

3 Likes

We also get some big beads like this from a Monica Smith, if you get creative and flip the initials.

1 Like

This is the necklace that I already own. It’s 150 g and 24 inches long. The photo of the non-stamped beads is the necklace I’m interested in. It also weighs 150 g and it’s 24 inches long.

It looks a lot like Martha Willeto’s work so I wondered if maybe this was a sibling or child?

4 Likes

Showed these beads to Selena Warner and she says they are hers.

8 Likes

Thank you so so very much. I live in the middle of Indiana and so I don’t have access to shops that sell Native American jewelry or any Native American artists except over the Internet. You have been so extremely helpful anytime I have a question about something I own or I’m interested in buying. I truly truly appreciate your knowledge and help. I hope to go back through Gallup again sometime and maybe meet you. The store was very busy when I was there this summer. Thank you again so much! Salinas work is absolutely stunning, I am now the owner of two her necklaces because I did buy the non-stamped beads. The workmanship was so awesome I couldn’t pass them up.

3 Likes

Hey fellow Hoosier! Have you been the the Eiteljorg Art Museum in Indy? They have a great gift shop. There is also a nice shop in Nashville IN, but I can’t remember the name.

Gorgeous necklace! I only have a very simple one, but it looks so good with some of my pendants.

2 Likes

Yes! I’ve been meaning to go to the museum but my grandkids live in Indy. Anytime I go to Indianapolis I’d much rather just spend time with them. It’s on my list though! I’ve been to the place in Nashville and it does have some nice things. I was there last October and it was quite busy and they were not super helpful. :woman_shrugging:t2: Where in Indiana do you live? I live in a little town called Plymouth just south of South Bend.

2 Likes

I totally get that. Maybe you can make an educational trip and take them😆 I haven’t bought larger items at the museum, because I usually can get better bang for my buck when I get out west, but I have gotten quite a few earrings and rings there through the years. However, their annual art market is where I have shopped more. It is AMAZING. To be honest, sometimes the ladies in the museum gift shop don’t know tons either, but they are friendly and helpful. The Art Market is where I can really learn. I have only been into the shop in Nashville once, and barely had any time so I didn’t actually purchase anything. It just looks like it could have some nice stuff.

It’s when I’ve traveled out west that I’ve bought and learned the most. Fortunately for me, I have quite a few relatives and friends out there. Although I do tell my husband that if I spend more money at the Eiteljorg I’m actually saving dollars cause I’m not buying a plane ticket LOL.

I know exactly where Plymouth is. Sometimes when we go up to Lake Michigan we go west on 30 and then north on 31 and I always see the signs for Plymouth. I live in a little city east of Fort Wayne.

2 Likes

I wanted to go to the market at the Eiteljorg Museum but that’s when I went out west to California. I did get to stop by Gallup and purchase some thing at Perry Null.

2 Likes

Lucky you! I think I remember the cuff you posted from there; it is beautiful. We haven’t been to Gallup to shop in years, before I was on this forum, and didn’t make it to Perry Null. But I did shop at some other places, and found one of my favorite cuffs there. Possibly might get back there next year.

2 Likes

If you ever see Selena Warner, will you please tell her that I now have three of her beautiful necklaces. The latest one being a 34 inch 224 g floral stamped pattern necklace. I want her to know how much I appreciate her incredible work. I will continue to collect her necklaces.

Thank you!!!

4 Likes