Sweater cuff with very tight spiderwebbed turquoise hallmarked HM

This a a cuff that I bought recently. It was listed as Fred Harvey era which I seriously doubt. The style and design looks much later. It was the turquoise that drew me in with its super tight spiderwebbing. It is hallmarked HM, sterling. Hougart’s lists a Henry Mariano but I haven’t been able to determine if that is the correct attribution. I’m hoping that one of you will be able to help me with the hallmark and an educated guess on the type of turquoise. Thanks :blush:

4 Likes

What a beautiful piece of turquoise! Agree, this is modern looking to me, definitely not Harvey.

2 Likes

I think I need to upload a higher quality picture.

2 Likes

It sure looks like Henry Mariano’s style. He is a contemporary artist. A quick search showed his items are widely available. The more modern stamp used is HRM. I have seen some older pieces attributed to him that have the HM mark.

This is a beautiful bracelet. Could the turquoise be Lander Blue?

1 Like

Thank you. I had some confusion with the marks also since there are two Marianos. One is Henry and the other Harry (I think). I just wasn’t sure. I’d also love to hear Lander but since there was so little of it I seriously doubt it. It is a great spiderwebbed turquoise though and I was quite pleased with it when I opened the package. I appreciate you researching for me. I had to have some dental surgery and the meds aren’t helping my brain. Maybe we’ll get some input from @Jason and others about the turquoise. I would really love for you to be right! :blush:

2 Likes

I saw some listings that mentioned either Henry or Harry. I dunno if there are two of them.

The similar bracelets I saw for sale were listed at $200 - $400.

Can relate to the surgery. Meds can mess with a persons mind. I have had pneumonia for over a month. It is getting better now, but am, taking 3 meds.

1 Like

I sure hope you start feeling better soon. I tend to skip colds and flu and go straight to pneumonia so I understand how miserable it can be. Always seems to hang around way too long. Thanks again.

1 Like

Hope you two are better soon!

I’m thinking not Lander; seems that the matrix is too “swirly” (whereas Lander would be tighter, more evident repetitive circles) and not matte black enough.

2 Likes

I’m still hoping someone will be able to give me some possibilities of what type of turquoise this might be. Thanks for the help.

I couldn’t find the exact example I wanted but I would call this Chinese turquoise.

1 Like

Thanks Jason. I thought it might be but always like a more experienced opinion.