Tempted but...Is It Real?

Hello friends, hope you are well. I found a necklace that I am tempted to buy, but I don’t know if it is real turquoise. No idea of its age or what tribe. Does anyone recognize anything? It is unmarked. The clasp makes me think it is newer and not handmade. Thanks, -Lisa

I agree with your suspicions. The beads appear to have vertical seams rather than horizontal around the middle like bench or handmade. Also the crimped ends and the clasp aren’t the typical NA style. I’m sure some of the more knowledge people will be able to provide more information.

1 Like

I figured it was too good to be true. The turquoise made me salivate haha. Thanks for your input.

2 Likes

The salivating is real! Someone on here posted a photo of an old Navajo necklace & I actually drooled. I always thought that was just an expression :drooling_face:

2 Likes

This is a handmade item as in what someone on Etsy might make and sell. Tip offs are manufactured and common clasp, center focal bead and that it has crimp beads. The “turquoise” looks to be howlite.

1 Like

Thanks! You just saved me a bunch of money. :smiley: -Lisa