The Funny Tale of a Sandcast Belt Buckle

Gah!! These “charm motif” belts are awful.

6 Likes

Would it help if you ladies had a bracelet to go with the belt? :wink:

3 Likes

Yea, I’ll get right on that…

Once again, doin’ too much. Looks like Victorian excess + cowboy kitch had a baby.

5 Likes

Just saw this belt on Pinterest. Posted and described by Turkey Mountain Traders as, “Wonderful Navajo silver First Phase concho belt, c. 1890.”

I doubt the buckle is original to the belt and unfortunately, it is not listed on Turkey Mountain’s website, so no photo of the back of the buckle. Not sure if the buckle is authentic or reproduction.

3 Likes

@TAH
Came across this beauty, thought it was right up your alley :wink:

5 Likes

When I look at it quickly it reminds me of a turtle shapewise. Kinda.

5 Likes

After I asked TAH where to get the Art of the
Buckle book, he sent me a copy. Awesome book!

Thanks so much, Buddy!

6 Likes

Hey @mmrogers , does he have any copies for sale? I’d buy one.

2 Likes

@TaraFawn75 Oh, I know that buckle. I just need to decide which kid to sell. :thinking:

I like this one too, but that means another kid. :confused:

9 Likes

@StevesTrail Hi Steve,

Unfortunately, I don’t have any buckle books for sale, but they’re still available on Amazon if you don’t mind it being a little used.

https://www.amazon.com/Art-Buckle-Mary-Emmerling/dp/1423632184

2 Likes

Thanks @TAH . I should have checked there first. Put one in my cart.

2 Likes

Funny, nobody ever offers me any money for my kid

7 Likes

Mine either - although I heard they’re more polite at other peoples homes and actually offer to do chores and clear their dishes :face_with_raised_eyebrow: - so maybe there’s value in them yet :wink:

7 Likes

Kids are more common than rare turquoise and turquoise won’t lead to gray hair, deplete your savings, or lead to a Valium prescription, and can always be enjoyed with no downside. Hence, you are not likely to see much trading. :rofl: :thinking: :rofl:

7 Likes

That was the perfect explanation! I’m sitting here laughing! :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Turquoise has depleted my savings :tired_face:

7 Likes