This Harry H Begay ingot ring…waterweb kingman?

EBay auction bargains still happen…$125…one of those you snag to tell a story later…as promised I am posting the best pictures of it trying to identify the turquoise…the stone looked greener and out focus in the EBay pictures…HHB was know to pick the best natural gem quality stones for these ingot rings…after receiving it I did these pictures with flash…much more blue with brown matrix and I believe some white quartz. Whadda you all think? I would love to hear your best guesses.

It is also a very “spiritual” ring with the maker’s energy…this one I will never let go of…fits my index finger beautifully

7 Likes

Webbed Kingman would be my guess. And I’ve seen a lot of wonderful artists use amazing natural Kingman stones. It is beautiful. Is the band thick? I love thick bands on rings.

3 Likes

Yes, award winning Navajo jeweler, Harry H. Begay, features in this ring a hand chiseled bezel encircled with twist wire. Droplets and deeply hand stamped overlay patterns sit on a rolled and hammered shank unique to the jeweler. The piece is made completely from scratch from labor intensive ingot sterling silver. The design is signature to Harry, with heavy fluted ends that sit perfectly on the finger.

2 Likes

Certainly a great buy. Your last comment was taken from an online site, so for clarity here it is:

3 Likes

Thanks. I was going to suggest the Turquoise Mountain section of Kingman. Wonderful ring!

3 Likes

I started wondering about that too.

2 Likes

Thanks for your thoughts about Turquoise Mountain…I have been weighing that and #8 mine…it is fun scratching my head over it

1 Like

You’re welcome. I’m pretty certain that it’s not #8. Doesn’t seem to have the same matrix characteristics.

4 Likes

He is one of my favorites, a great ring to own.

7 Likes

Beautiful. What are those Jason, Royston? They look a wee bit like some Sonoran gold I’ve seen also. And what do you think @Geewhizpat’s stone is?

1 Like