Thoughts on this Turquoise

Anyone have thoughts on the mine? I thought maybe Blue Diamond but I couldn’t find any on the web that displayed the swirls like this one. Thanks for your input.

2 Likes

I think that would make as much sense as anything, definitely has those characteristics. Is this a cab or a piece of rough?

1 Like

It’s a large cab for sale. I have included more pictures of the back and side for reference. The picture of the front is kind of deceiving. What would a piece like this go for? Thanks Jason

2 Likes

how much are you selling it for? carat weight?

2 Likes

Hi Jason, it was sold as blue diamond it is 32 grams so 160 carats
66x55x4mm. Wondering about the value. It is cabbed but is not backed. I’m adding some additional photos hard to get good photos in natural light.

7 Likes

That is truly beautiful.

1 Like

Turquoise is going for a premium right now, doesn’t seem anything is less than $1 per carat. It is a big stone, given the name say somewhere $2-$3 a carat.

1 Like

Thanks @AC. You have quite a few beauties yourself!

Thanks @Jason. I’ve done some research since you said Blue Diamond was plausible and prices are high. There are not many on the web for comparison but I found this one that is about half the size.

3 Likes

Wow!!!:heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

2 Likes

So, they have this piece right under $1 a carat. These guys dealt with tons of Morenci and will have a good feel for turquoise prices.

Am I missing something? I see that as just under $10 a carat, $562 for 59.2 carats

@Jason
As AC noted the stone above is selling for over 9 dollars a carat. They listed another one below that is selling for 6 dollars a carat. The prices I’m finding are quite high.

l

Cuz I was gonna say, heck, I’ll give you a couple of dollars. :heart_eyes:

that was a custom calculation

1 Like

That is a gorgeous stone! I can see that in a cuff!!

That is just what I was thinking.

Hi Jason. Not sure what you mean by custom calculation? This is my first cab purchase and I”m still learning. The seller had all types of rocks and minerals. I picked up this large carved boulder opal too.

3 Likes

a miscalculation, $1 instead of $10. You should send a picture of the stone to the Browns and get a sense of what they think it is worth. Sometimes this stone looks blue other times more green, similarities to https://www.google.com/search?q=chrysocolla&client=safari&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjqiY6j1vnmAhVOBc0KHTAhBycQ_AUoAXoECBQQAw&biw=1677&bih=891#imgrc=C9QbF4780FJPbM:

1 Like

Thanks Jason. Wanted to let you know. I did as you suggested. Was told from the pictures it appeared to be Blue Diamond but would need to verified in person. A value would be given if I was considering consignment. Thanks again

2 Likes