Time to sell

I think it’s time to sell most of my inherited hoard of NA jewelry. I do not want to sell it onesie twosie, that would take years. Determining value of all the individual pieces is driving me crazy, knowing a listed price doesn’t mean anything unless some pays that price, hoping to find a store (brick or online), that buys lots, suggestions? TIA, k

2 Likes

Having an idea of what you have would be a big help. If there are a lot of pieces you might want to think of an auction house. Let them do the appraisals for you but be aware they always over estimate the worth of things. If your items are of really good quality you might think of Bonham’s, they have an outlet in CA I believe.
If you can post a few pics of what you think are your best pieces it would help to determine your next step.

1 Like

I agree that you should have some idea of what you have before you go to sell. Or you could just send it to me to wear and enjoy. :rofl:.
Seriously though, you could post a few pictures on here and get some info before you proceed. There are some quite knowledgeable people in this group.

2 Likes

Just be aware that whatever the so-called market value of any one piece is, someone buying it all as a lot will buy at 1/3-1/2 of that value, often more towards the 1/3. They intend to make money.

Of course it’s your job to work out pricing estimates in order to have an intelligent conversation with a prospective reseller. You can find comparables online, it just takes time (eBay, etc.)–noting the sold prices (people ask anything, but what’s it really selling for?).

1 Like

@chicfarmer , how do you look up past sold items on Ebay? I’ve been poking around but haven’t yet found an option for that. Thx!

1 Like

@GreenRock The far left column on all eBay pages with items currently for sale has filters you can choose for your search. Toward the bottom (at least in my browser) is a section labeled SHOW ONLY, and you can pick Completed items or Sold items or both.

EBAY FILTERS

3 Likes

Thank you the replies. I will post a few group shots of some of the jewelry - it really is a hoard. I started looking for prices with the pins, prices for some of the hallmarked pieces were easy to find, but some have no hallmark and some have hallmarks that I can’t reference or don’t quite match hallmark pictures. For instance, I have a belt with what looks like an authentic Rick Martinez hallmark, but it doesn’t include the Navajo stamp - gives me pause, especially when his belts are priced at $3k.

I do know that the online prices are retail prices, I’m not expecting those prices if I sell the lot.

2 Likes

Go ahead and post as many pictures as you want. Hallmarks can vary, sometimes a hallmark is blurry. Your Martinez piece may be done by one of the brothers. Can’t tell till we see.

1 Like

Here’s the hallmark from the Rick Martinez belt - missing the Navajo & sterling stamp, tho it tests for sterling. Do you think the missing stamps indicate a different maker than Mr. Martinez?

1 Like

My concho buckle has the R. Martinez and the sterling mark only:

1 Like

That is his Hallmark, the font matches his stamp. It just appears that he wasn’t using the Navajo stamp at this time.

1 Like

Hello! Im very interested in speaking with you in regards to the items you’re interested in selling! I prefer to buy in bundles so if you would please respond as I’d love to talk and see what you have!
Thanks so much,
Laurie

1 Like

Hi Laurie, I would love to talk to you - please DM me with what you’re looking for specifically and I will take some pictures for you. Thanks!

1 Like

Sent message on Instagram. :slightly_smiling_face:

I see no message on IG. You can send thru this app

They flagged my last response because I tried to leave my email address to you. Im looking for any NA, Navajo, Zuni pieces!

“any”: Have you also tried eBay? There’s a vast, unbounded sea of it there.

3 Likes

My messages are getting flagged?:woman_shrugging:t3:

I believe you need to to direct message her by email through the site, not post your email. Tap on her her name and it will give you that option.

2 Likes