Tiny webbing

Not having seen this tiny webbing before, I wonder about it. It’s an amazing sight to me. The stone is smaller than my thumbnail and still, it holds so much detail. This may be a silly question but when I think about how turquoise forms, I wonder if this is in its infant stage or would be a slow-growing type of mature in comparison with other growth rates. The ring is unmarked. Do you feel the stone is American mined? Thanks all!

4 Likes

To me it looks like it could be from a Chinese mine, but Kingman can have some nice black webbing, so :person_shrugging:. I don’t believe age/growth has anything to do with the webbing, but I am not a geologist :grin:

Turquoise doesn’t “grow” like crystals; not sure if that’s what you mean. Here is a basic explanation.

3 Likes

Thank you for the info Ziacat!

1 Like

I was going through some old posts, and saw this one that I thought might be of interest since you were curious about the small webbing. Micro spiderweb -What is it anyone know?

1 Like

I’ve been looking around here and there learning a bit. I agree with the consensus- Chinese. A lot of beautiful stones from all over. Some of the Egyptian is wonderful.
Thanks again.