Micro spiderweb -What is it anyone know?

Looks like about 50s clip earrings set in sterling. In 60 years I haven’t seen anything close to this pattern in turquoise. Please help if you can. Thanks.

2 Likes

I’m wondering if it might be a nice Chinese spiderweb. Some Chinese turquoise is quite good looking and commands a nice price. Hopefully Jason or one of our other knowledgeable members will chime in.

1 Like

Nice earrings. Age is important for this pair of earrings. Because in 1950s Chinese turquoise hadn’t made it to the Southwest. We don’t get Chinese turquoise until the early 1980s. What makes you believe these are 1950s? I do not know the history of the earring clip, but when I come across old non-pierced earrings they have a screw back. So, before 1980s it would be an American stone. If someone showed me this pair of earrings I would assume that it is Chinese turquoise, but you can find American turquoise with deep blues and black spider web matrix (the good stuff). These are four Chinese stones I took a picture of, nothing exactly like yours but shows you how diverse the stone can be.

1 Like