Trying to Identify the Stone in a Suite of Jewelry by Wilson Padilla

I recently acquired a set of jewelry by Wilson Padilla and I’m not certain what the stone is. It appears to be a type of Jasper but I haven’t been able to find a stone like it so I’m not sure.
The coloration is quite unusual to me. The cuff is a solid brick reddish color, the pendant is a combination of that red and a white with black specks that looks similar to White Buffalo. The earrings are predominately white with black specks but have a touch of red.
The first picture has a picture of the rock that the jewelry was cut from. After looking at pictures until my eyes are crossed, I’m asking for help. Are any of you familiar with this stone? Thanks for your help!

3 Likes

Can you post a close up of the stone?
Do you know how hard it is?
A really pretty jewelry collection.

1 Like

I wish I had the stone. What was left was sold to someone else. I only have the picture from the person that I bought the jewelry from. I can take close up pictures of the jewelry if that will help.

I have done more research on this stone and believe it is Alunite. I’m still searching to see it I can find it used in jewelry anywhere else. The hardness is 3.5-4.
This has been locked away in the safe. I just got it out and looked at the back of the pendant. Someone wrote on it in marker. As best I can tell it says “Ayvason spirit stone necklace”.

Nice. I just saw one for sale on Etsy

1 Like

Thanks. I just found a bunch of them. I swear I thought I had checked Etsy. I’m glad I pulled them out and checked again. Have a great weekend.

1 Like

Glad you were able to ID it.
I am working all weekend, but it will be fun. Have a nice weekend.

1 Like

I will and I hope you do too!

1 Like