Trying to put better picture's on

7 Likes

Oh dear. That’s a lot of beautiful stuff. I’m thinking you may need more help than what we can offer here…

I kind of wish I had your problem though :laughing:

5 Likes

Yes and this is only a small amount of it and i know absolutely nothing about it im still fi ding stuff

2 Likes

Best of luck to you, i hope you find the help you are looking for

2 Likes

Almost everything I see in those pictures appears to be Native American so that’s a huge plus on a Native American jewelry based site.

3 Likes

Yep, you have a lot of what is, or appears to be vintage Native American jewelry. Your previous and current pictures show pieces of varying quality. You’ll need a-lot of research if you plan to sell it piece by piece, or the help of someone who can sit down with you to determine asking prices. The other alternative is to contact a knowledgable retail seller who might want to purchase everything at wholesale prices. Most will offer about 30- 40% of the retail price, but it will be so much easier, and less time consuming for you.
You’ve got a lot on your hands, good luck!

6 Likes

With that volume I recommend research, research, research; then temporarily open a shop such as Etsy or another. Add the provenance in the listing. As far as pricing, take a page out of Garlands and others and start by asking the BIG BUCKS just like they are doing. When people feel comfortable with you then expect them to pay what they are now paying the shops and auctions.

2 Likes

One other thought for you. There are several, one in particular, auction houses that will sell all your items at online auction. They know how to prices items and can handle your whole inheritance. You will receive only a percentage of the selling price, but it is a quick and easy way to sell your items. Let me know if you need additional references.

5 Likes

what make and model camera are you using?

1 Like

Wow. Did you inherit an entire jewelry store! Lots of beautiful turquoise and Beautiful pieces.

4 Likes

Just the camera on an old samsung pad

1 Like

She collected for years yex it does look like a jewelry store

3 Likes

ok, you’re going to be limited on how many adjustments to the tablets camera settings you can make so here are a few tricks you can try when taking the shots to keep things consistent.

look at the picture below. same jewelry box yet its 2 different colors.

what type of light bulb are you using? was the flash on?

1 Like

No flash just the light above my counter

1 Like

This!! There are many auctioneers online who specialize in Native American jewelry and even though they take a pretty decent percentage, they also kinda get higher prices sometimes for things!

3 Likes

Agree. When my mom died, she had quite a few antiques along with everything else. My brother kept saying, " I’m sure we could get more by selling on eBay." My sister and I were not at all wanting to bother with that, and in the end neither did he. We each took what we loved, and then hired a local auction house for the rest (which did a great job). Yes, they took a sizable cut, but all the hassle was out of our hands. So worth it.

7 Likes