Tufa cast by Stu Billie....value?

Hi Jason,
I just purchased this tufa cast cuff, by Stu Billie, and I’m wondering what you consider the value to be and if you know what kind of stone this is and is it natural stone or simulated? Do you know anything about this artist? I’ve tried to look him up but can’t find any info on him, maybe I’m looking in the wrong spot. Thanks for any info you can share

2 Likes

Hi there.
I’m not Jason perhaps he will wander along shortly to answer you.
The stone looks real enough and most likely from the Royston Nevada area although it could also be Pilot Mountain in the western part of the state. It is a bit of a strange cut as it appears to be flat top and not lapped on the edges. I can find no reference to a Stu Billie in any of my books and am wondering if the name you were given is correct. Is the bracelet Hallmarked and if so could you post a picture?
The bracelet looks very detailed and heavy although I’m a little worried about the bugs getting caught on things when worn.
If you could ad a couple of more pics from different perspective it would sure help.
Cheers

1 Like

Yes I’d be happy too, give me a second to photo it

1 Like

I purchased this cuff off eBay and payed quite a bit for it, I’m confident that it is worth what I payed. It is by far my favorite piece

Thanks for the extra pics.
I still can’t identify the artist, is there a name after the symbol by any chance?
For insurance purposes I would put a replacement value of $1200.00 on it.
However I am no expert, nor do I deal with as many artist as Jason does.
Perhaps he has heard of this artist.
Judith

1 Like

No name. The word is Sterling under the mark. I asked the guy I bought it from if he could provide any info on the cuff and I didn’t get s response. What age do you think this cuff is? Is it newly made? And yes the dragonflies get caught on everything

So, I did an eBay search of Stu Billie cuffs and the only ones that showed up by him are cuffs from the same person I purchased this one from. Does that mean that maybe he is an artist that works for s trading post making Jewelry for them? So I wonder now if he is even Native American?

1 Like

It says Navajo Artist so I’m assuming he is Native Anerican! I just noticed that

Hello, the name is Stewart Billie https://www.google.com/search?q=musselman+arch+canyonlands&biw=1920&bih=1021&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwiF-deNoPnPAhVlxFQKHYeNCLoQ_AUIBygC#tbm=isch&q=stewart+billie+navajo+jewelry. We get his work from time to time. The page I posted will give you a good idea of what his work sells for.

Oh wow! He is an amazing artist! Thank you for the link! Do you believe this type of jewelry will be a good investment for the future or would it be better to invest in vintage

I believe he has a good following and that makes for a good collectible.

2 Likes

Oh WoW. If you only paid what the listing shows you got a steal. Who did you have to kill to get Dean to give you that price? LOL

2 Likes

Lol I’m not sure what price you seen, but if you seen the $138 that was one of many payments!! Lol…,The people I bought this from are amazing and will allow you to make payments on ANY of their many items! I will be doing business with them for ev er!!! The prices are great and the jewelry is even better!

1 Like

Navito Arts I am geussing? No, they certainly are not resonable on pricing. They were very nice about a T.S. Item I returned to them. I do a lot of looking on the website, some great items.

If you buy multi strand Turq. necklaces from them which they say is all “Bisbee”, be careful because they will show good pics of the front/parts of side, but they take apart old old necklaces, mix them and then have them re-strung. Yes this is a strong statement but I have bought from them many many times, caught them having done this on more than one necklace I bought (BIN not Auction) and yes they were also easy to return. Just thought I should share and give a heads up on this. Not trashing them, just awareness.