Turquiose ring

Hi, can anyone give me any information on this ring I had bought me for xmas, there are no markings on it. Just wondered whether it was Navajo and what kind of turquoise it is.
Grateful for any info at all.

2 Likes

To me… and I’m no expert. Looks like a lot of Chinese turquoise. Now that doesn’t mean a whole lot being as trading companies have been importing turquoise for over a 100 years to trade to the native Americans. . But mostly it came from the middle east. Persia, Egypt ect… and these types of rings are made in China and the middle east. Its just as likely that the turquoise could have been imported and the ring made in the good old USA. That doesn’t make the turquoise worth any less. Its just as valuable as any turquoise of equal quality. It possibly could be old enough to not have been stamped. That’s really what you see prior to the late 50s when they began to stamp jewelry. Maybe its been taken care of and regularly polished. Or newer and just not stamped. Its very beautiful regardless of who made it where. more than likely made in the USA. This is just my opinion. And I love the ring. Absolutely beautiful

Thanks for all the info, learn something new every day. I do have another ring and that has got sleeping beauty turquoise in it and navajo made with a stamp.