Turquoise Cabochon ID Help

Someone I know is selling their of 1970’s onward rough/tumbled turquoise and cabochons. The jewelry and findings will come later. Their eyesight is failing and they can no longer make cabochons or jewelry.
Some of the cabochons and rough was purchased as unknowns by them when Indian Jewelers Supply in Albuquerque closed. Most were made by them.

They are asking very little for most of the cabochons.
Are selling items on a turquoise Facebook page they are Admin of. I can provide a link to the page if anyone is interested.

I would appreciate help with ID for some.

I had a tough time photographing the colors accurately. Then, when I finally got the colors correct, I forgot to put a size reference in the photo.

So……

Here is the latest batch of cabochons I purchased with a penny for size reference. Color is not accurate.

Here is a photo with ID’s provided by the seller. Color is a little lighter than actual.

Close up of 4 of the Unknowns. Accurate colors. I love the baby blues.

Another beautiful Unknown. The color is amazing.

And, a close up showing some assorted color Kingman.

Thank you to anyone who can help.

7 Likes

@fernwood , here are the IJS turquoise pages from the 1987 catalog for reference.

7 Likes

@StevesTrail Thank you for posting these turquoise cabs catalog pages!

2 Likes

@fernwood Dang, how I wish I were a silversmith…

3 Likes

Goodness! Now we can see why we are mostly doing educated guessing :flushed:

However they have listed Turquoise Mountain as being in Nevada when it’s in Arizona, and Blue Gem in AZ which is in NV.

@fernwood, they are all really gorgeous. Could that fabulous deep green one have some color change going on?

2 Likes

Thank you. Amazing resource to have.

2 Likes

Good question. I do not know. It is such a unique color.

2 Likes