Turquoise Celebrities

William Shatner in “Kingdom of the Spiders” 1977

5 Likes

Aaah, all that turquoise color & jewelry. What a great way to start off the weekend…

3 Likes

@Stracci That’s a nasty bite, lol. Last night I was looking at turquoise jewelry online. I came across a seller who had “converted” a pair of turquoise watch tips into dangle earrings.

2 Likes

@Patina
I have a nice pair of watch tips and I was thinking of that idea. But the earrings would be too heavy, I think.

2 Likes

Oh!!! I just saw the spiders …Nooooooooo

(Even though it said Kingdom of the Spiders I still missed them)

3 Likes

and in case you can’t decide which pendant to wear…

5 Likes

White Mountain Apache scouts, c1885. Nice concho belt.

6 Likes

Thanks, that was a great thread about watch tips @Steve. Those watch tip necklaces are fabulous!!

5 Likes

From Blind Mellon’s video, No Rain. Shannon Hoon has a great naja! Looking at the video, I may see some other Native American jewelry, too. Sadly, he died in 1995.

Video link here … good song. https://youtu.be/mjN4dMvC0Gs?si=YRvEs45zM-45hoz1

3 Likes

I’ll bet you would watch it if the title was “Kingman of the Spiders”. :grin:

8 Likes

Good one! I believe that’s the first time William Shatner has been posted.

1 Like

That might entice me :grin:

2 Likes

@Stracci I had never heard of Kingdom of the Spiders, so I looked it up. Here’s another shot of Shatner’s watchband followed by Roy Engel from the same movie.

2 Likes

@TAH
Yeah, it was a campy horror flick that I watched recently. Lots o’ tarantulas!
I’m sure that other movie “Kingman of the Spiders” is much better! ,(Haha @Ziacat :rofl: )

3 Likes

My absolute favorite museum, large or small…can’t get enough of her collection. And, dang that gal knew how to stack!

2 Likes

If you haven’t already, I recommend reading her biography. She had quite the life. :slightly_smiling_face:

6 Likes

@TAH I have this book! We visited the Millicent Rogers Museum on our first trip to NM. What an amazing museum. Thoroughly enjoyed it. I wanted to learn more about Millicent so after we got back home I started my research. Ordered this book online - it’s a good read.

4 Likes

Yes, it is, @Patina - although a sad ending to a beautiful life. How wonderful it would have been to see the more rural New Mexico that she experienced.

After our visit to the museum, we paid our respects at her gravesite.

4 Likes

Here’s a photo of Tatanka Means at the 2024 Academy Awards. He’s wearing turquoise earrings, turquoise brooch, and a turquoise ring. Also wearing a large silver cuff on his wrist. (He’s the son of Oglala Lakota activist Russell Means, 11/10/39-10/22/12.)

7 Likes

He looks like his father.

3 Likes