Repurposing Watch Tips

I found this on Facebook, and thought it was a fantastic way to repurpose watch tips! I usually shy away from buying watch tips, just because I don’t want to deal with the hassle of finding a working watch to pair up with, but I’m going to reconsider now.

19 Likes

I’m always seeing watch tips that I like, I don’t wear a watch so I always pass on them. This is a great idea.

1 Like

Nicely done piece. I have bought them and use them for my iWatch and for earrings. Thanks for sharing!

3 Likes

Would you show how you repurpose for earrings? Love the idea !

SReally clever! I like the coral inlay watch tip very much. Have you made any? I can’t DIY very well but love to see how others do it. Thanks for posting!

Use the women’s and hang them with the small end on top and wire beads to dangle from the bottom.

Reviving this subject because I just won an auction for five sets of watch tips on EBay and plan to do a necklace like this with them. Anybody else doing this too?

3 Likes

i’ve been thinking about this for ages, as well as doing a charm bracelet with singleton earrings.

1 Like

I have seen a few of these and think its a great idea. However I am finding the price of the tips to be too high for my liking.

1 Like

I agree that some of the tips are fairly pricey. I set myself a limit of $20 per set. The 5 set auction I just won finished at $51, so that made those five $10.20 each set.

However, the ones I got aren’t nearly as well curated as these:

This one is kind of a holy grail!

12 Likes

You have done well price wise! I never get that lucky.

1 Like

Very creative. It came out lovely.

I wish it were mine!

2 Likes

Here’s another watch-tip necklace photo that I found.

6 Likes

My tips arrived and I couldn’t wait to put this necklace together!
Since I only had a few silver beads in the right size, I interspersed them with gray pearls.

What do you think? Thanks for the inspiration, @bigbree43 !

12 Likes

Well done!! I’m collecting to do something similar - Hope it turns out as well as yours!!

1 Like

I love the mix of different styles @JMM! I’m in love :heart_eyes:

1 Like

That is way cool! Great job!

1 Like

Oh it’s beautiful!!! I would wear this with a solid black T-shirt!

2 Likes

Excellent craftsmanship :smiley::raised_hands:t3:

1 Like