Turquoise Celebrities

sigh…well,seeing this sort of amount & quality at least lets me feel I’m not just being greedy,right?

or…geeze,I spent alot of money on handfuls of crap.

3 Likes

R.G. Armstrong, Race With The Devil, 1975. Trying to decide if his bolo is NA made. The stonework looks like Zuni needlepoint. Thoughts?

1 Like

Robert Urich, Lonesome Dove, 1989

Looks like the same Navajo buttons I own.

4 Likes

Dennis and Gerry Weaver

3 Likes

Howard Hesseman, WKRP in Cincinnati, late 1970s

1 Like

Went to see Cry Macho tonight. First time we’ve been to a theater in 3 years. :roll_eyes: Dwight Yoakam was looking good wearing a Zuni bolo.

2 Likes

lol…you ever check out his “bakersfield” video w/buck owens? I replayed it recently & finally SAW his concho belt- must have been looking a bit further south before.

1 Like

Thanks for the heads up. I’ll make sure I don’t watch it. :nauseated_face: :grin:

1 Like

lmfao…hey,dude had a fine rear.

1 Like

Ruthie Tompson, Disney animator. I wasn’t familiar with Ruthie until I read that she passed away on Sunday at the age of 111. Link

2 Likes

Sharon Stone

3 Likes

My cousin, Slim Pickens. Not really, but I was always asked that, as my last name was Pickens and I “was” slim! LOL

3 Likes

Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom’s Turquoise Tiara

Creation: This tiara was made by Garrard circa 1900. Queen Elizabeth had the top diamond border removed.
Materials: diamonds and Persian turquoises set in gold and platinum
Turquoise Tiara (c1900) by Garrard for Queen Mary 2

Queen Elizabeth of the United Kingdom on the occasion of her 1923 marriage to King George VI of the United Kingdom
Turquoise Tiara (c1900) by Garrard for Queen Mary here Queen Elizabeth 3-2

5 Likes

Mother of the current Queen Elizabeth.

1 Like

Jim Morrison wearing something other than his famous JHQ concho belt.

5 Likes

Good one! Who knew Jim had a second concho belt and rocked the belt-as-necklace look?

4 Likes

LOVE The Doors!!! Since I was a kid!

2 Likes

And where o where is that famous Concho belt of Jim’s?!?

1 Like

Thread post #1, but here it is again in color.

And here is Cippy Crazyhorse’s reproduction of the belt his father made for Morrison: Link

5 Likes

I want that! Lol wonder where it is today…

1 Like