Turquoise Celebrities

One of my favorite songs is by him - The Wreck of the Edmund Fitzgerald. Last fall when we were up in northern Michigan they had gail force winds with up to 20 ft waves, and I kept singing that song over and over.

“Superior, they said, never gives up her dead
When the gales of November come early…”

Thank for finding that photo of him!

5 Likes

Oh my! I had the news on, and they literally just played Sundown, and mentioned that he had passed away. I hadn’t heard, and I didn’t notice that you had that in your post.

2 Likes

Our mom has almost all of his albums - I think all us kids know all the words to every song even if we haven’t heard them in years - he was a part of my growing up.

2 Likes

He had some great songs. We are headed up to Lake Superior to visit my husband’s brother in a couple weeks. May have to have that song on repeat again…

Looks like this one on Gordon Lightfoot was the 1000 post!

2 Likes

I don’t think this one has been covered yet?

Tom Arnold in Austin Powers, International Man of Mystery. This is the bathroom scene where Austin is fighting off an attacker in the next stall, and Tom Arnold’s character thinks he’s talking about a gigantic poop. Hahaha

I think this is the second bathroom related submission I’ve made… You can tell what kind of movies my son likes. :grin:

3 Likes

Jason Mamoa

4 Likes

That’s a lot of turquoise. And does he have a scrunchie on his wrist? Cute kitty!

4 Likes

Yeah, it looks like a scrunchie.
He’s easy on the eyes!

4 Likes

How do you know the kitty is male? :grin:

3 Likes

@TAH
All black cats are males, uhhh…right…? So cute and furry!
And that other character is furry, too…:yum:

2 Likes

Maren Morris (The Highwomen)

1 Like

Don’t mean to get political…but gorgeous necklace and earrings.

5 Likes

I am fairly certain that is a " Kakiki " pendant attached to someone else’s Squash Blossom.
It’s really quite a look…!

1 Like

Not my Shadow!!! She was a girl. Waaaah.

1 Like

Tina Turner (1939-2023) RIP :slightly_frowning_face:

9 Likes

True story - This week, on Monday, I attended a business event and one of my guests worked for Marriott for 30 years before getting into manufacturing. I asked if he met many celebrities while working at hotels all over the US. He said, “yes, tons”. He went on to tell me his very favorite celebrity, hands down, was Tina Turner. He said she was completely down to earth, super nice, and hung out with the hotel staff all night. She even asked to work the hotel switchboard, which she did for an hour. I say, “we don’t need another hero”, we just need more Tina Turners.

7 Likes

Jenee Fleenor

Lainey Wilson

2 Likes

Jennifer Salt in “Gargoyles” 1972
Filmed in and around Carlsbad Caverns, NM.

4 Likes

I remember watching Gargoyles as a kid. Scared the heck out of me. :flushed:

3 Likes