Turquoise Celebrities

Carol Channing and Bette Midler

8 Likes

Ann Rutherford, 2007

7 Likes

That’s a really pretty belt on Ms. Channing. The silver work is stunning.

Here’s another photo of her wearing it.

4 Likes

Stevie Nicks, sometime in the last century🤪
We didn’t have good hair products back then…

4 Likes

It’s like a overgrown mullet…but gosh I love their music

1 Like

@Ziacat
I think she used Breck shampoo and no conditioner.
Just kidding! I love Stevie Nicks.

2 Likes

Helen Mirren

8 Likes

Cillian Murphy, Oppenheimer, 2023

J. Robert Oppenheimer, 1950s

5 Likes

George Lucas wearing the same ranger set in 1988 and 2008.

3 Likes

I believe this celebrity dates back the farthest. Pawnee Bill (right) wearing a good looking Navajo buckle around the turn of the 20th century. Pretty cool. :+1:

7 Likes

Stephanie Powers

3 Likes

Rita Coolidge

3 Likes

wish I knew who did the beadwork & embroidery …

1 Like

@newpawn Not sure about the beadwork and embroidery on Pawnee Bill’s jacket and shirt, but the beadwork on Buffalo Bill’s jacket was completed by Lakota women traveling along with him in the Wild West show. Below is the jacket Buffalo Bill is wearing in the photograph above. It is part of the permanent collection of the Buffalo Bill Center of the West in Cody, WY.

6 Likes

A triumph of miscasting! :laughing: Not that I’ve watched it, I just can’t. I adore the great Helen.

I really want to see the Oppenheimer movie, especially now that I’m so impressed with their attention to detail in getting that belt buckle right!

1 Like

Was rewatching Apollo 13, and was curious about who was in it. After I Googled it, I saw this picture. I didn’t know his name, but have seen in him in lots of stuff.

2 Likes

Levi Platero, of the Levi Platero Band (blues). They performed at the Eiteljorg Indian Art Market this year.

2 Likes

Elsa Peretti (famous jewelry designer for Tiffany), Halston, and model Karen Bjornsen

I this pic below, Karen Bjornsen(again with Halston) is wearing Elsa Peretti’s iconic sterling bone cuff.
(If I could get my hands on one of those, I could die happy!!)

4 Likes

lol…loving the pants,too

2 Likes