Type of turquoise, is this maker BG Mudd?

I saw these earrings on shopgoodwill.com. I was trying to guess the type of turquoise. Is it Hubei? Also, I thought the symbol at the top of the second picture looked like that used for BG Mudd company, but I am not sure.

Any idea on value? I didn’t see anything like these on ebay, and they seem to be different from what is in the BG Mudd store currently, but do have some similar design elements.

2 Likes

Gary Gordon’s B.G. Mudd workshop (located in Gallup NM) has been around for decades. Inlay shops use whatever is available at the time items are being made so the stones and shells used in pieces vary quite a bit. B.G. Mudd jewelry is of very good quality, lost wax cast, and usually inlaid. If you got them on the Goodwill site, you probably stole them :slight_smile:

Also, no idea what that is, but it has a crystalline mineral look and doesn’t look like turquoise.

1 Like

Variscite, possibly?

1 Like

I thought so too, but I’ve never seen Varicite with that much mother stone around it. Whatever is is it’s really pretty.

1 Like

Yes, it’s really different. I wasn’t sure what it was, but I will try and post better pictures once I get them. It may be awhile though, as I have to wait until the next time I’m back in the US to pick them up at my parent’s place.

1 Like

2 Likes