Value and information please

Inherited from my mother.

11 Likes

Great squash! Victor Moses Begay is a well known name and I’m sure the value is more than the $800 written on the back.

3 Likes

@Marlerm Welcome! Oh, that’s such a beautiful Navajo squash blossom necklace. I agree with @Islandmomma on the hallmark I.D. Your necklace appears to be in excellent condition and has a traditional look.

3 Likes

if that is a legit Victor Moses Begay, it may be double or triple that $800 written price.

3 Likes

Let’s hope! Thank you.

1 Like

Any thoughts on what looks like ER might mean?

1 Like

The ER could be a code placed there by whoever wrote the 800.
Shops often use(d) various letter codes on jewelry.

3 Likes

set/package deal?

8 Likes

Bingo, Steve. That’s how I’d read it.

4 Likes

the rest of the missing W/ shadow started to lightly appear after converting to black & white, inverting and then messing with shadows highlights and contrast

4 Likes

Any suggestions on how I can go about selling it?

1 Like

research, research and some more research to get a feel for prices and just like shopping for a contractor you get a few free evaluations from different established auction houses if you don’t have an ebay or etsy account.

there are also jewelry stores who buy estate jewelry but establish value and how much your willing to let it go for going that route.

2 Likes

Thank you soooo much!

1 Like

Auction houses: RG Munn, Billy the Kid, Bradfords, Santa Fe Art Auction, Western Trading Post. As well as the usual high end houses. As @Steve recommended: a lot of research.

3 Likes