Very Petite Concho Belt (Awesome...I Think?)

So this is one of my finds from this week. I just couldn’t let it get by me for some reason. I haven’t seen many this size and it looks a bit on the older side. 37 inches long and the Concha are very small, like hat band small. I would greatly appreciate help on value and age. It has markings but I think they may be from a previous owner. I can’t get to the undersides without removing from the leather. Don’t want to do that because the leather is a bit old. Help!

Might want to look at this:

I can’t find mush about Linda Holley, except that a woman with that name graduated from FSU

Btw, this is what else I found about the FSU woman :

Author Linda A. Holley has spent most of her life studying tipis and Native American culture. She graduated from Florida State University with a BS and MS in Art Education/Constructive Design. In 1970, she became an art, science, and history teacher, but she is now retired after thirty-four years. She has over thirty years of experience making tipis. 

Tipis - Tepees - Teepees
History and Design of the Cloth Tipi
by Linda A. Holley

Linda A. Holley has spent most of her life studying tipis and Native American culture. She currently consults with the University of Florida on Native American materials for their collection as well as other private collections. You can visit her Web site at www.tipis-tepees-teepees.com/. She lives in Florida.

1 Like

We have one like this. Similar, 30 years old Navajo made. It has 17 pieces and we have this for sale $250. Hope this helps.

Thanks Jason! I don’t normally buy Concho’s but this one kind of spoke to me. I have a special place in my heart for Taos, that must be it.