Vintage Adam Fierro and PJ Kachina Pendant

I have come across this vintage kachina pendant that I absolutely love and coincidentally, I just recently lost one that I really liked an awful lot. I’d like to get your opinions on what you think a fair price for it is. It is signed by Adam Fierro and PJ(?). It is new old stock, never worn, just listed as era 1970-now. If it matters, it is Globe turquoise. I may try to reach out to Adam on Facebook and ask him how long ago it was made. It is a total length of 6 inches! I really like it although I think the price they are asking might be a bit on the high side, but I’m not sure. I asked the seller to explain their pricing as it is much higher than other items of Adams I’ve found for sale other than full necklaces with multiple stones. Their reply was, “pieces like this frequently sell for between 1200-1500 he will also be a sought artist later in time. His items will appreciate big time.” Now certainly, I’m not too keen on overpaying now based on “he will be a sought after artist later” or that “his items will appreciate big time” at some point in the future? Is $1200 to $1500 an accurate price range for something like this? Because the one’s I’ve seen in that price range are, I believe, a bit different. What are your opinions? Please help!

3 Likes

I see Adam Fierro’s posts on Facebook all the time and in my opinion he is way too young to have been working in the 70’s. He may not have even been born then. There are other Fierro’s from that time period that I have seen infrequently and I have seen a couple get pretty high bids.
That price seems pretty steep even though it’s a nice piece. I think you should do as you mentioned and contact him.

4 Likes

Adam Fierro (1985-; Santa Clara/White Mountain Apache/Navajo). Active since 1990s.
Contemporary; fabricated. Set stones. Son (and student) of Ray Fierro. Mark: Adam Fierro (script)

3 Likes

Thanks Steve. I am on my first cup of coffee and didn’t do any research-just went by the pictures I’ve seen. I do have a squash blossom by his father Ray and I think it’s from the 70’s.

also on instagram - adamfierrojewelry

1 Like

1 Like

You can message Adam Fierro on FB. I had a bracelet I found out in the wild that had his hallmark. I messaged him, sent him a picture and he was able to confirm it was his. He even told me what type of turquoise it was! Cool dude.

2 Likes

I think Adam would be the best resource for price determination. My first concern with the ad is the claim of being made the 70s if Adam only started in the 90s. Hmm?

2 Likes

Being listed as “1970-now” would be truthful if that’s a category to pick for listing it–and, importantly, this doesn’t assert that it was from the 1970s.

2 Likes

I have tried to message Adam on both FB messenger and Instagram, but unfortunately have received no response.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve tried to reach out to him and unfortunately, have received no reply. I love this piece, but I think they are asking too much based on an expected increase in value. I told them I would be stupid to pay based on what they expect it to increase in value. I can only pay on today’s value. If they would even come down just a couple hundred, I probably would have jumped on it, but I see so many other similar pieces being offered at much lower prices. So as much as I love the piece, I think I have to take a pass on it.

1 Like