Vintage/authentic squash blossom?

I know zero about this. I was thinking about buying it from an antique shop during my travels. When I looked at it, briefly, i didn’t see any markings. Can anyone tell me their thoughts on this just by looking at the picture? Is it vintage? Authentic? Or is there too little info to say so? Thank you in advance for your help. Oh, one thing I can say about it is that is was kind of light.

4 Likes

It would benefit to have more images. From afar, it looks like the real thing. But other considerations like weight, a closer look at the stones, workmanship etc need to come into play.

3 Likes

Looks good, what is the price?

1 Like

Hello,

Thank you so much for the reply. They were asking $1550.00 for it. Was that a fair price?

1 Like

I only have the one pic of it. I can say it was light and i was surprised by that.

1 Like

Sorry, forgot to ask. Do you have any idea what its origin mught be?

1 Like

Seems like a good deal, it is Navajo squash blossom possible Nevada turquoise.

3 Likes

Oh wow, thank you. I begged my husband to get it, he wouldn’t budge and we walked out without it. (I cried).
I might call the place and ask to have it shipped to me.

Really appreciate your expertise.

3 Likes

If it made you cry then it’s going to haunt you if you don’t get it. I speak from experience :frowning: I let a magnificent piece slip through my fingers
for some reason I didn’t buy it :tired_face: and it’s still haunting me two years later. It physically hurts my heart to think about it.

4 Likes

Trust me, I know you are right about that.

Wanna hear how it gets worse? I contacted the shop, told them I want to buy it and asked if they would ship it to me. They said the vendor refuses to ship items. :flushed: I cried even more. I wondered how the vendor would be willing to lose a sale over shipping? I even said i would pay to ship. The shop is hours and hours and hours away from where I live so I can’t go back in person. :sob:

2 Likes

See if the shop itself will take on the shipping. They’re already serving as agents for the vendor. You might be refused, but maybe they’ve done so on some occasions.

3 Likes