Was this Cuff Repurposed/Redesigned?

So I need y’alls help. I bought this cuff several years ago. Recently I decided to sell it and it sold on Ebay. I received this message, “this bracelet is made up of parts of 3 different pieces of jewelry and not made by one artist. The main frame must have had a large turquoise that needed replacement. It was cut out and the current turquoise in a rope frame that is signed became the replacement stone. Since the hole was big it looks like the centerpiece was set in a frame with snake eyes from yet another piece of jewelry si it coukd fill most of the opening.
You probably did not misrepresent it on purpose but It’s worth more like $125.”

Does that seem to the case to y’all? I certainly did not misrepresent anything on purpose, and if y’all believe this scenario to be true, I will give them at least a partial refund, but I just don’t know if what she is saying is legit. How many of you agree with her?

er?

1 Like

Do you a picture of the other side?

1 Like

Yep.

2 Likes

I can see what they are saying about the cut out - but could just as easily be a design choice or the original maker could have made the changes.

In any case it is 100% worth more than $125 - sterling sheet is about $27 an ounce and the square sterling wire is close to $30 an ounce (roughly $19 a foot), I am guessing that cab would be $75+ tho, that is San Diego gem & mineral club show prices. And, those prices don’t include any work or even shipping of the metals.

imo - I would have them return it before I sold it for $125.

6 Likes

I agree. Tell them to return it and give them their refund. I think they’re trying to sell you a bill of goods and get a cheap price. Wish I could see the hallmark better.

6 Likes

Agree with Islandmomma

I love the cuff.
Does not look like a cobble job to me.
Were you able to ID the hallmark? If not, please post it.

3 Likes

It sounds like they think it’s only worth $125 and they want you to refund any monies over that that they paid. I never do partial returns. I tell them to return it for a full refund and send them a return label to use. Honestly, It’s not worth the headache. Buyers want you to pay them to keep your item? It’s a hard no for me. You know what’s best for you for sure but if it were me, I’d have them return it.

6 Likes

i think it was made that way so that the rails were slightly more flexible for the wearer. if the front applique with shoulders and stone set were all one piece it would be less flexible for prospective buyers to adjust it to fit, without risking damage. give her the refund and make her return it.

6 Likes

Get it back and refund her. She seems to be having buyers remorse. Bracelet looks fine.

5 Likes

Agree that there is absolutely nothing wrong with the bracelet. The construction is pretty typical for Navajo bracelets of this type. Here are a few of ours from the 80s, similarly constructed.

12 Likes

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

3 Likes

Unfortunately, I was not able to identify the hallmark.

2 Likes

Post a better pic of the hallmark?

2 Likes

I just don’t have a better pic of the hallmark and I can say that even with this cuff in hand, it was hard to distinguish this hallmark the way it is placed.

2 Likes

2 Likes

I am in no way an expert, but I think it is a beautiful piece. If the buyer doesn’t appreciate it, refund her money and find another buyer.

7 Likes

I can see why they might think some work had been done but there is not a thing wrong with the cuff’s construction or look, and even if it wasn’t all original, it is still beautiful, good quality material and work, and they’re crazy if they think it isn’t worth more than $125. I think they’re trying to get a deal. Full refund and return it to you.

2 Likes

Hey y’all, just had to come back and let y’all know, I ended up sending her a return label and she failed to return the cuff. She just wanted to try to get me to give her a partial refund and wanted to try to get that cuff for $125! So glad I have this forum to run things by. Thank you all for your help!

13 Likes

So, she is keeping it for the price paid?
What about your cost for the return label?

3 Likes

I think you may be able to go in and cancel that specific label. And congratulations on calling her bluff.

5 Likes