Watch cuff…conversion?

I recently obtained this great old watch cuff from a friend and am debating whether to leave it as-is, or add a nice turquoise cab to convert is to a cuff. I love the Thunderbird and turquoise. I understand why the whirling log symbol is repulsive to many, but the use of whirling logs by native Americans represents goodwill, order and stability, and I feel it should be seen as such. Regardless I really like this cuff and would appreciate opinions on whether I should leave it alone or convert it by adding a nice turquoise cab.

8 Likes

I say go for it!! :gem:

10 Likes

Thank you @AC, wow…yours has completely made up my mind. It looks like a great turquoise cuff, not at all like a watch cuff conversion. I’ll show you pictures to my jeweler as an example. He has done several other conversions. I’m excited about finding the right cab to complete the job.

3 Likes

This is how I converted mine.
I replaced the watch with a cab that matched the side stones.

15 Likes

Looks perfect @Stracci! So nice to see these wonderful examples. The hard part will likely be finding the right cab. I have quite a few, as does my jeweler, so fingers crossed😊.

5 Likes

Definitely go for the conversion @Bmpdvm .

5 Likes

Nice cuff. I have seen some conversions where the cab’s setting was made to attach like a watch. Have you considered that?

6 Likes

11 Likes

@fernwood has a novel idea. You could switch stones to match various outfits and moods. :grin:

4 Likes

Yes. Years ago I saw one that came with 3 stone settings, plus a watch.
It was way out of my budget, but I liked it.

3 Likes

12 Likes

Great options @Steve!

2 Likes

what about a silver dollar from your birth year?

4 Likes

I hit the flag icon by accident and don’t know how to undo it.

1 Like

Going against the grain here. That’s a great looking watch cuff. I would keep it for what it was meant to be and go with a vintage watch. Sure, a stone is beautiful, but they’re lousy at telling time. :wink:

Not mine, but something like one of these…

11 Likes

@TAH also has a good idea. Here is a matching watch :money_mouth_face:

8 Likes

@Jemez2, I’ve seen coins used, it can look spectacular. The watch area is only about 1” long so it won’t work with a silver dollar. But it’s a great idea!

@TAH and @StevesTrail, part of me wants to keep it more original like it was was meant to be. So maybe I’ll go with the Rolex Oyster😆…I do love the turquoise face! I hate indecision, guess I’ll have to flip a coin🥴

4 Likes

Here you go @Bmpdvm : $10 US gold. Perfect size (1.06”)

IMG_0797

7 Likes

Beautiful job @AC …really reads complete and fresh. Love it !!!

1 Like