What kind of turquoise is this cuff

Hi, i need some help identifying this piece of turquoise and would like to know the value of the cuff overall. The face of the cuff is over 3 1/2" tall and over 2" wide and weighs approx 176.5 grams. I was told this cuff was from the 40’s or 50’s also? I payed A LOT for it so I’m wishing for some great news Thanks

3 Likes

Although I can’t say for sure what kind of turquoise this is I wouldn’t worry about it, don’t know how much you paid but you can go here Turquoise | Product categories | Turquoise Direct to get some kind of idea about different types and see prices. That’s one beautiful hunk of turquoise though!

Hi,

That’s some piece!
It looks like it could be Blue Diamond turquoise - though I’m not sure when it was mined, it does resemble cabs that I’ve seen.

http://waddelltradingco.com/turquoise-corner/

Scroll down and you’ll see - not sure what it sells for per carat though - could try contacting them?

Best of luck,

TH

Thank you! After viewing your comment I went to check out the page you suggested and OH WOW I really think that is the type of turquoise I have here, blue diamond turquoise. The description of when this type of turquoise was mined falls right in line with what I was told about this cuff being from the 50’s. Wow if it is that old I am amazed at the condition it is in for such an old and large piece. I really love this piece but unfortunately I don’t get to wear it because it is to big for my small wrist size. But thank you for your help

Hi! And can I say…WOW!! Those are amazing pieces!! Love it! :smile: