What's your grail piece?

Have you acquired it? Is it available for sale, but you haven’t pulled the trigger? Is it a piece that have seen and admire, but not obtainable?

For me, it would probably be Ralph Lauren’s sandcast buckle. Love everything about it - design, size, color, etc. Every time I see it, I wonder if Mr. Lauren would be interested in trading it for my house. :grinning:

4 Likes

This is such a great post, I’m excited to see everyone’s responses!!

2 Likes

Any one of these would do!

6 Likes

Mine would be Jim Morrison’s famous concho belt by Joe H. Quintana. Nobody knows what happened to the belt after Morrison died.

4 Likes

Orbit, you might have to settle for one made by Joe’s son, Cippy :slightly_smiling_face:.

http://www.cippycrazyhorse.com/blog/2015/2/19/jim-morrison-concho-belt

One I missed when my husband decided to interrupt me at the end of the auction.

The concho belt I lost all by myself. I can only hope that we cross paths again some day.

5 Likes

Don’t mean to make you feel bad, but that concho belt is outstanding. :+1:

1 Like

Yes, I know. Those two pieces have been haunting me ever since—especially the belt. I’m hoping that it will reappear in my life someday.

1 Like

These are two pieces that I missed out on. The first one is from @Christibo. He had this coral squash blossom that I thought was so unique. He had originally posted it here on the forum to ask our opinions about it, and I fell in love right away! I lurked on his Etsy where it was posted to admire it from time to time, and it sold after a few weeks =(

The second piece I found listed on Instagram, and I’ve never seen another one like it. The width of the Naja on this squash measured 7.5 inches across, and it weighed a ton. I loved how huge it was and the dry creek turquoise was incredible, I’ve never seen colors like it in Dry Creek before. It was priced at $5000. I so wish i had had bought it.

6 Likes

Both are spectacular. I agree, that Dry Creek to absolutely stunning.

I know! Cippy’s belts are beautiful. It wouldn’t be quite the same though, and I doubt I’d be able to afford one anyway…

1 Like

It’s sad that Morrison’s belt has been “lost”. It would have been a special piece for the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame.

There was this piece Cher wore…

Bulgaria Jeweler Maria Alexova

3 Likes

Very interesting buckle. What is the center material? Mother-of-pearl?

1 Like

This is a moonstone & Mexican turquoise buckle made in 2008 by metalsmith Maria Alexova -listed today at $1,288 resale. Really I don’t wear jewelry except for a little nothing sterling ring my grown daughter found in the dirt while we were working in the yard one day. She was so sweet when she came to me at 6 or 7 years old saying “I found this for you mom”. Have worn the ring now for a long time and it is my holy grail piece. If I wore another piece I’d like this buckle.

3 Likes

GMaybe we should go on a hunt to locate Morrison’s belt!

2 Likes

Count me in! I say we start at Val Kilmer’s house. :face_with_monocle:

4 Likes

This gorgeous Mark Chee bracelet would definitely be on my list. If only I could win the lottery.

11 Likes

Gorgeous Bisbee😍 I would happily pay an arm and a leg lol

1 Like