Which "forged" do you think?

put this number in ebay’s search box
wasn’t there a bracelet like this discussed fairly recently?

2 Likes

Not forged. Looks like some type of overlay, but hard to tell from the photos. Hard pass.

2 Likes

This person was banned from several private Native American groups on Facebook. Apparently he was caught mixing in forgeries aka imports. I wasn’t privy to all the details but I know that he is no longer in the groups.

6 Likes

Ah, OK. Forged as in “fake”.

2 Likes

seller states TSK yet fails to show 1 picture of hallmark. has multiple other listings with pictures showing
backs of items with detailed pics of hallmarks. yeah…buyer beware

3 Likes

On closer examination, I’m not seeing anything to indicate that the relief was saw cut. The earrings look as if the relief was carved (poorly) into the original waxes with a heated wax pen. If this is the case, the gold(?) would have been applied in a plating process with a pen plater. or in a single complete plating process, by either masking the silver surfaces with a “resist” or removing the plating from the desired silver surfaces during finishing. I don’t know if that is how these were made, but that is what it looks like to me.

6 Likes

MMR - i love that you can turn my “eeeeee so sloppy” cringe into actual words that make sense in a technical process sort of way, and educate the community at the same time. Bravo.

4 Likes