Whoa!

Saw this online in passing. Holy cow, that is HUGE. Like a little table!

Description says it is a ceremonial piece. Awesome turquoise and coral!

Just thought I’d share. :smiley:

8 Likes

Is that a Jeanette listing?

2 Likes

Goodness. If it wasn’t a ceremonial piece, I’d say whoever made it was getting a little greedy putting ALL that turquoise on one item :grin:

5 Likes

Very impressive cuff. Now I understand the title “WHOA”.
I opened your post and my husband spun around in his seat to see what I was looking at.
Your pictures were a great way to start the week. Hats off to the maker and you for sharing.

4 Likes

It is! I don’t know where she gets her stuff, but she has some really impressive pieces. They’re also crazy ridiculous expensive. Not that this one shouldn’t have been.

2 Likes

@Ziacat isn’t that the truth! Any one of these pieces could be good for numerous other pieces of jewelry! This is quite a good collection in one piece, and I see why it would be considered special.

Makes me wonder, though. If it is a ceremonial piece, how did it end up on Etsy?

4 Likes

@hisweetpotato Glad I could give you a good start this week! And yes, this should elicit the sort of response your husband had… Hahaha

may I congratulate & thank you for spelling “whoa” correctly? it’s so rare to see recently

1 Like

@newpawn thank you! I am one of those sticklers for grammar and spelling. I get made fun of for sending texts and emails that are grammatically correct and all words spelled out. :grin:. Definitely, I don’t jive with the way most people communicate these days.

1 Like

She has some MASSIVE squash blossoms too!!

1 Like

You know, at the risk of being a party pooper here, this bracelet does nothing for me. I take a look at the workmanship and think so what. The stones are not of a good grade, the bezel work is poorly done, there are a few possibly store bought appliques soldered on randomly, and it is out of balance. It is just big…nothing else, IMO.
So let fly the arrows of outrage, but I wouldn’t touch it, or be caught dead wearing it.

7 Likes

I don’t love it either, but it’s entertaining!

And I still think the stones are pretty. :grin: Not everything has to be high grade for me to like it.

6 Likes

Yikes! I don’t understand it! But it made me smile.

3 Likes

Very much agree. Big isn’t enough to make something good.

4 Likes

opinion…well,yeah but sometimes it helps :wink:

I still smile when I recall my favorite piece of art=the moosetrap
perfect replica of the common mousetrap but 6 feet high.

2 Likes

That’s quite the chunk of coral in there tho!
Kinda reminds me of a stepping stone that I’d put in a garden…

3 Likes

It’s the oddity and ridiculous size of the piece that makes me smile. It’s more of a display piece then a wearable one. A conversation starter for sure.

5 Likes

@SevernSound no party pooping taken. I wouldn’t wear it, either. It’s just like the combined weight of my whole turquoise collection (and definitely my coral collection!) in one single, gawk-worthy piece.

1 Like

That coral looks like a big ole artery.

4 Likes

Looks like a Museum piece. I wonder what the story is behind such an incredible piece of Art.

1 Like