Would appreciate help to identify and evaluate this concho belt

I bought this belt in a pawn shop in Gallup in the late 70’s. I have lost the original receipt so I have no way remembering any information or value about the piece. The back of each concho has what looks like “TC” and “Sterling”.
belt1

Thanks for any help.

5 Likes

Tommy Singer hallmark

1 Like

Thanks for the info, I will look him up to try and find more information.

2 Likes

very calm…not all capitals & no exclamation points

lmao

4 Likes

Yes definitely Tommy Singer and worth a fair amount. He’s collectible. Sweet belt!

Thanks again for your replies. I bought this because the simple classic design appealed to me and the conchos were small enough to fit through my belt loops! I used to show horses (40 years ago when I lived in AZ) and wore western outfits quite often. Now that I am 74 I don’t need this type of clothing any longer so I will be parting with most of it. Any guesses as to value and suggestions for places to sell it?

1 Like

It’s so beautiful! You could wear it with pretty much anything, not just western outfits. I live in northern IN (not lots of western outfit wearin’ here) and wear my Native jewelry with everything. It looks equally at home with simple tees and jeans, as it does with a black velvet top and plaid wool skirt!

I’m no expert on exact value in dollars, but Tommy Singer pieces are definitely collectable.

1 Like

It’s a great belt! You might even find a buyer on here. There are also private groups on Facebook that are aimed at specific areas of turquoise and Native American groups. For example, Native American Jewelry Lovers, NA Jewelry Lovers 2, Hopi, Pueblo and Navajo, turquoise theory, Study of Antique NA Jewelry etc. There are also places like FB marketplace and Craig’s list but I personally and somewhat leery because you don’t know who might pop up. There is also EBay with their fees. If you do choose to sell via Facebook, check out the buyer (even ask one of the administrators) and ALWAYS USE PAYPAL GOODS AND SERVICES. THAT HELPS PROTECT YOU. I have used that venue a lot and made some good friends.
To help determine a asking price, check out sold EBay listings, sold auction prices and maybe reputable dealers like Perry Null (where you currently are.)
Best of luck! Just a reminder, NA isn’t just restricted to western wear. I live on a SC barrier island within 6 miles from the beach and wear mine daily. Even with shorts and flip flops. Never to the beach though. I have met some very nice people talking about turquoise. Some very knowledgeable and others who only admire a piece. We have a lot of tourist traffic and the time share brings in people from all over. Have a wonderful day!

2 Likes

When you research prices, be sure to see the size of the conchos in the belt you’re comparing with. I say this because yours is clearly small scale if it fits through belt loops, which is fine and still collectable but will not be the same price wise as the large-concho belts. GL!

2 Likes

https://www.google.com/search?q=tommy+singer+concho+belt&biw=1920&bih=1061&tbm=shop&ei=oZeCYbnzEsv9-gS66KGQCg&oq=tommy+singer+concho+belt&gs_lcp=Cgtwcm9kdWN0cy1jYxAMUMe1A1jm5ANghPsDaABwAHgAgAFoiAHTBpIBBDEyLjGYAQCgAQHAAQE&sclient=products-cc&ved=0ahUKEwj5x8TxrvzzAhXLvp4KHTp0CKI4PBDh1QMICw

Tommy Singer signature huge plus. asking prices are scattered so take your time researching this one.

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all the great suggestions. I am sure glad to have found this forum!

2 Likes