3 consecutive responses only? Even a week later?

Unable to respond after 3 consecutive posts…I’m wondering why. I have come back to a specific topic a week or so later to contribute, but been told I couldn’t. So I had to cut the information, delete the post then add the current information to a prior post from a week or so ago. I’m not quite sure why this is necessary

3 Likes

I am not sure? I have looked at your profile and don’t see anything that would prevent you from posting. Can you give me the link to where you made three posts and then couldn’t make another?

1 Like

Jason, I also have had this happen recently . One time I did three posts, remembered something else, and tried to add a fourth, but it wouldn’t work. I just went back and combined two.

Of course, if I would just think a little more before I post I could probably not have so many in a row :laughing::grin:, and in retrospect, that might be the point of it. To help us be more precise, which is not always my strength.

4 Likes

It’s not you @Bmpdvm . I tried a fourth consecutive on celebrities and was given a response to the effect no more than three consecutive responses. Probably just part of the program I figured.

3 Likes

Thanks Jason, it not a major problem, just a bit frustrating when you contribute to a post, including photos, etc, then are unable to reply.
The Last time this happened was my last post regarding Books on the Southwest:

1 Like

It’s slightly possible that the 3 post thing is a system filter for possible robo postings? The hosting site possibly had an issue on another forum and did a “blanket adjustment” to all of them, thus affecting users inadvertently? Just a theory.

4 Likes

Sounds plausible to me. I know that we’ve had occasions where people did blast posts at one time because they were just looking for values; I had not heard that Jason had changed anything, but maybe there is some sort of internal working that limits this.

4 Likes

I was thinking a little higher up than Jason (no offense intended :wink:) - more like the platform made a change possibly based on other forums using the same platform.

4 Likes

I’m not entirely sure what the platform is that Turquoise People is sitting on, but it looks a great deal like Discourse. I’m active on another forum that uses Discourse 3.0 (Postcrossing, if anyone is curious!), where the admins have had issues with their plugins not behaving properly with the latest Discourse update.

Mostly the hiccups have been minor, but I can’t help noticing that the problems both here and there seem to be happening around the same time. So perhaps there is some conflict going on between the underlying platform and whatever customization is in place for Turquoise People.

tl;dr: I think @RedlandMaggie 's theory may be right :slight_smile:

1 Like

4 Likes

Steve the sleuth strikes again.

5 Likes

I don’t think it’s a recent change. I’ve been on a couple years and I noticed it early on.

1 Like

Discourse (the software that this forum runs) currently has a limit on how many consecutive replies a user can make without another user replying, which is currently set to 3 replies.

it is a customizable feature that can be changed by an ADMIN if needed

more reading here < google link

4 Likes

It is a setting, I changed it to 6. “Number of posts in a row a user can make in a topic before being prevented from adding another reply. This limit does not apply to the topic owner, site staff, or category moderators.”

10 Likes

Thank you @Jason and everyone who contributed to this discussion. I don’t think is uncommon to for one of us to reply to different individuals in a thread at different times and not be aware that they had 3 prior consecutive reply’s. 6 is much more doable😊

1 Like

At the college where I worked, IT upgrades sometimes goofed up various systems we used daily… so it was my first thought :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like